1. First Friday Art Walk - Dec. 2nd, 5:30-8:30pm in downtown Bastrop. Enjoy beautiful art, food, shopping, & live music, meet the artists, and more! Plus, make sure to visit the grand opening of the brand new Lost Pines Art Center on Chestnut Street. And don't forget to stop by the Crossing, located at 601 Chestnut Street beginning at 7pm for Pickin' on the Porch with Larryland Music, who will be celebrating their 6-year Anniversary! Admission is FREE!
2. 4th Annual Christmas Expo - Dec. 3rd, 9am-4:30pm, located at 124 Colony Court in the Colony subdivision in Bastrop/Cedar Creek. There will be a variety of vendors on-hand to assist with your holiday shopping needs. Enjoy refreshments, shopping, and more! Admission is FREE!
3. Elgin's Holiday by the Tracks - Dec. 3rd, 9am-5pm, throughout downtown Elgin!!! In case of rain, festivities will be held at 30 N. Main Street. Enjoy the Project Celebration Breakfast with Santa from 8-10am at the Elgin Public Library, Santa sightings in Veteran's Park from 11am-1pm and at Elgin Local Goods from 2-4pm, Hot Cocoa Sip & Stroll from 2-5pm, live music & entertainment, Holiday Market & sidewalk sales, activities at Elgin Christmas Tree Farm, Evergreen Farms Christmas Trees, and the Elgin Depot Museum, lighted parade at dusk, and a live nativity at St. Peter's Lutheran Church after the parade. Admission is FREE!
4. Smithville's Festival of Lights - Dec. 3rd, 9am-9pm, throughout downtown Smithville. In case of rain, the festivities will be held at the Smithville Rec Center. There will be a fun run, lighted parade, pictures with Santa from 10am-2pm, mini golf, bounce houses, train rides, obstacle course, tricycle races, clowns & magicians, bouncing horses, arts & crafts, a holiday market, live music & entertainment, a live theater production of "Winnie the Pooh & Christmas Too," and more!!! Admission is FREE!
5. Activities at Bastrop & Buescher State Parks - Nov. 25th-26th
- Time Shapes Our Planet Guided Hike - Dec. 3rd, 10:00-11:30am at Bastrop State Park. Join a Master Naturalist for a moderate 1-mile hike to discover how the park has changed over the years. Free after park entry fees.
- Animals Garden Too! - Dec. 3rd, 10:00-11:30am at Buescher State Park. Join a Master Naturalist to explore how animals change their environment on this moderate 1.5-mile guided hike. Free after park entry fees.
- Leave No Trace Guided Hike - Dec. 3rd, 2-3pm at Buescher State Park. Learn about how to leave the world better than you found it through responsible Leave No Trace Ethics on this moderate 1.5-mile hike. Free after park entry fees.
- Out of the Ashes Guided Hike - Dec. 3rd, 4-5pm at Bastrop State Park. Enjoy this moderate 1-mile hike while catching up on how Bastrop State Park is recovering after the 2011 wildfires. Free after park entry fees.
6. Pictures with Santa & Gift Wrapping - Dec. 3rd, 12-3pm, at Orange Leaf Yogurt, located at 747 Hwy 71 W, Ste. A-600 in Bastrop. Get your gifts wrapped by Santa's elves or pose for a selfie with the big guy himself. Donations accepted; proceeds benefit Bastrop Animal Rescue. And while you're out and about, hop on over to the Adoption Event at Petco, located at 739 Hwy 71 W in Bastrop, from 12-4pm to find your fur-ever friend!
7. Children's Shopping Event - Dec. 3rd, 1-4pm at Cherry Blossoms Spa, located at 1011 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. Children ages 5-16 may purchase a gift for $5 or less)and have it gift wrapped for free. Plus, each child will get a free goodie bag!
8. Cookie Decorating with Santa - Dec. 3rd, 1:00-2:30pm at the Sugar Shack, located at 114 Loop 150 W in Bastrop. Decorate gingerbread cookies with Santa. $7.99/child, includes cookie to decorate and pictures with Santa. Bring your own camera. Stop by or call (512) 321-3777 to purchase your tickets.
9. Snow Day - Dec. 3rd, 1-7pm at Fisherman's Park in Bastrop. Enjoy 2 snow slides, 2 snow play areas, hot chocolate, roasted marshmallows, Poppy the Clown, concessions, and more! Plus, stay for an outdoor viewing of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" beginning around 5:30pm. Admission is FREE!
10. 16th Annual Tree of Angels Ceremony - Dec. 4th, 6-8pm at Calvary Episcopal Church, located at 603 Spring Street in Bastrop. The public in invited to place an angel on the tree to honor and remember those lost and injured by violent crime.
Additional seasonal events include:
*Texas Style Ice Skating - Nov. 21st-Dec. 29th, Sunday-Monday 10am-5pm and Friday-Saturday 10am-8pm, at the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa. $25/adult, $20/child ages 17 & under. Price includes skate rental. First come, first served; no reservations. Open to the public!
*Bastrop River of Lights - Nov. 25th-Jan. 2nd, dusk until 10pm nightly. The River of Lights includes 120 lighted displays in a variety of seasonal themes along Bastrop's scenic River Walk. Admission is FREE!
If you would like to sponsor the Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend or the Live Music Lowdown, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Or click here for general information about advertising with 365 Bastrop.