Monday, May 21st
- Credit Repair Workshop, 8:00-8:45am at the Bastrop County Emergency Food Pantry, located at 806 Fayette Street in Bastrop. Credit repair workshop to identify how your credit affects your everyday living and buying power.
- Elgin's First Annual Pet Fair, 10am-6pm at Elgin Memorial Park. The pet costume parade begins at 9:30am, followed by a pet talent show under the pavilion. There will be a look-alike contest at 1pm, an ugliest dog contest at 1:30pm, and a cutest dog contest at 2pm. An obstacle course and splash pools will be available throughout the day.
- FREE Pool at Papa Woody's, 11am-midnight at Papa Woody's Icehouse, located at 147 E Old Hwy 20 in Paige.
Tuesday, May 22nd
- Unique Antiques Dominos, 9am-4pm at the Smithville Public Library. Come play dominos!
- Preschool Storytime/Lapsit, 10:30am at Elgin Public Library.
- Bastrop 1832 Farmer's Market, 2-6pm at 1302 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. For more info, call (512) 360-4799 or visit http://www.bastrop1832farmersmarket.org.
- Bilingual Storytime, 4:30pm at Elgin Public Library.
- Pool Tournament, 7:30pm at CJ's Icehouse, located at 1186 Hwy 95 between Bastrop and Elgin. There will also be karaoke!
Wednesday, May 23rd
- Preschool Story Time, 10:30am at Bastrop Public Library.
- Little Bookworms Storytime, 10:30-11:30am at Smithville Public Library.
- Lapsit, 10:30am at Elgin Public Library.
- Arts & Crafts, 4:30pm at Elgin Public Library.
Thursday, May 24th
- Girl's Night Out! 6-9pm at Glit-Z-Chix, located at 908 Main Street in Bastrop. Light refreshments and hors d'oeuvres, raffle prizes, complimentary hand treatments by Bastrop Total Skin Care, body wraps by Sheryl, exclusive one night only specials, and some fabulous retail therapy! Plus, Kimberly with Salon 1018 will be there to show you how to get the "bombshell curl" to STAY in your hair.
- World Passport, 5:30-6:30pm at the Elgin Public Library.
- 3-Man Golf Scramble, 5:30-8pm at the Lost Pines Golf Club in Bastrop State Park. $15/golfer. Prizes awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places. Bring your own 3-man team or be placed with a team. Call (512) 303-1368 for more info.
- Bingo, 6:30-8:30pm at the Elgin VFW, located at 118 Old Sayers Road in Elgin.
Friday, May 25th
- Preschool Story Time, 10:30am at Bastrop Public Library.
- Music at the Pool with the Peterson Brothers, CropDusters, and Bandulus, 5pm at Morris Memorial Park and Elgin Municipal Pool.
- Smithville High School Graduation, 8pm at Barry Field.
- Movie-N-Park, 8:30pm (when it gets dark) at Riverband Park in Smithville. Admission is FREE! Bring a chair or blanket.
- Stargazing at the Roughs, 9:30-11:00pm at McKinney Roughs Nature Park. Explore the galaxy together as an astronomer takes you on a tour of the Milky Way that's truly out of this world! Bring lawn chairs, refreshments, and blankets for comfort and enjoy this family event. Program will be canceled in the event of inclement weather. Admission is FREE!
Saturday, May 26th
- Lost Pines Log Pull - 4x4 Off-Road - Burned Forest Challenge, beginning at 8am and going all weekend. The mission: to push, pull, drag, flip, carry, roll, or remove--in any and all means possible--pre-cut logs from the forest and deliver them to the loading zone. The burned timber will be traded for milled lumber to rebuild homes destroyed by the Bastrop County Compex Fire. Specific location details will be released to registered participants. For more info, visit www.bastroplogs2lumber.com.
- 7th Annual Lost Pines Motorcycle Run, 8am-1pm, starting at Jalisco's, located at 495 Hwy 71 West in Bastrop. Registration begins at 8am. Run starts at 9am and ends at Murphy's Steak House, located 204 Thomas Street in Winchester. $20 registration fee, $5 each additional rider. Proceeds benefit the Chief Bill Anderson Memorial Scholarship Fund.
- Texas Boater Education Course, 8:30am-4:30pm at McKinney Roughs Nature Park. $20/person ages 13 and up. Satisfies the state's mandatory boater education requirements. Pre-registration is required. Register online at www.lcra.org/outdoorprograms.
- Bike through the Pines, 9:30am-12:00pm at Bastrop State Park. Take a five-mile guided mountain biking tour in an area of Bastrop State Park that is normally closed to the public. Helmets and some experience with off-road biking required. Reservations required - call (512) 718-0211 or email email@example.com .Meet at the parking lot by the swimming pool and be prepared to drive to the trailhead. Free after park entry fees.
- Bastrop 1832 Farmer's Market, 10am-2pm at 1302 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. For more info, call (512) 360-4799 or visit http://www.bastrop1832farmersmarket.org.
- River Valley Farmers' Market, 10am at veterans' Memorial Park in Elgin. Fresh eggs, veggies, plants, and more!
- Discover the Lost Pines Hike, 10-11am at Bastrop State Park. Join a Master Naturalist for a walk through the park and explore the history, flora and fauna that make this park unique. Bring water and wear comfortable shoes. Meet at the kiosk near the playground. Free after park entry fees.
- Liberty Glenn Open House with Kathy Mursch of Bastrop Blinds Shutters & Drapes, 11am-3pm at Liberty Glenn, located at 1011 Main Street in Bastrop. Discover the latest ideas for your windows and learn interior design tips for coordinating with your home decor. For more info, call (512) 426-4730.
- Bastrop Gardens Speaker Series: Soils from the Ground Up by guest speaker George Altgelt, owner of Geo Growers of Austin, 11am at Bastrop Gardens Organic Nursery, located at 316 Old 71 in Cedar Creek. Admission in FREE!
- Elgin FAVA Performance of "La Perichole" by Offenbach, 6pm at Elgin Depot Plaza. Sung and acted in a combination of French-English and Spanish.
- Snakes in a Park! 8:30-9:15pm at Buescher State Park. These slithery creatures all over our park, and yet are some of its most misunderstood residents. Discover the wonderful world of snakes and their unique qualities that we can all respect. At the amphitheater. Free after park entry fees.
Sunday, May 27th
- Sacred Heart Church Spring Festival, 11am-5pm at Sacred Heart Church in Rockne. Horseshoe and washer tournaments, ring toss, shaved ice, popcorn, moon walk, fish pond, BINGO, and more! Fried chicken and sausage lunch $8/adult, $4/child (under 10), served 11am-3pm. You can also visit the Rockne Historical Museum from 12-4pm.
- Country Music Jam, American Legion Post 533, located at 3003 Loop 150 East in Bastrop, 2pm-6pm. Hosted by The Country Side Men. Traditional country and western dance music of yesteryear. If you play or sing, bring your instrument and join the fun! No cover charge, family friendly, smoke free, air conditioned, public welcome. Cold drinks are available.
- Elgin FAVA Performance of "La Perichole" by Offenbach, 7pm at the Bastrop Opera House. Sung and acted in a combination of French-English and Spanish.
- Give a Hoot! 8:30-9:15pm at Buescher State Park. Discover the masters of the night sky – owls! Explore the lives of these nocturnal animals. At the amphitheater. Free after park entry fees.