March 1, 2013
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Mar 1-3, 2013)
1. First Friday Art Walk - Friday, Mar. 1st, 5-8pm in downtown Bastrop. Live music, food & drinks, shopping, and of course, ART! Click here for more info.
2. Pickin' on the Porch - Friday, Feb. 1st, 6-9pm at Larryland Music, located in the Crossing at 601 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. Bring your instrument (acoustic guitar, banjo, hand drum, stand up bass, harmonica, etc.) and play along!
3. Bastrop Area Livestock Show & Antique Farm Show - Friday & Saturday, Mar. 1st & 2nd, at the Kenn Estepp Show Barn, located on Loop 150 behind the American Legion in Bastrop. Admission is FREE! Click on the flyer for more info.
4. Sherwood Forest Faire - Saturday & Sunday, Mar. 2nd & 3rd, 10am-7pm at the Sherwood Forest Faire festival grounds, located at 1883 Old Hwy 20 in McDade. Visit Sherwood Forest Faire for a medieval-themed show with over 100 musical, comedic and dramatic performances per day, including a full-contact heavy armor joust, falconry show, feasts, and wine tastings - all in period costume and character.
5. Threads Traveling Trunk Show - Saturday, Mar. 2nd, 3-7pm at Body Toners Fitness Center in the cardio room, located at 1105 Main Street in Bastrop. Women's apparel, jewelry, and accessories. Cash or checks only.
6. Rosanky Christian Academy BBQ Fundraiser - Saturday, Mar. 2nd, 4pm at Rosanky Baptist Church Fellowship Hall, located at 3160 FM 535 at Hwy 304 in Rosanky. $8/plate. Live auction begins at 6pm.
7. Bastrop Pregnancy Resource Center's 2nd Annual Benefit Banquet & Silent Auction - Saturday, Mar. 2nd, 5pm at the Bastrop Convention Center, located at 1408 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. Click here for more info.
8. Cotton Bowl Speedway Season Opener - Saturday, Mar. 2nd, 5-11pm at Cotton Bowl Speedway, located at Hwy 290 and CR 202 in Paige. General admission $12, seniors $10, students, military, and children 6 & under are FREE. Races start at 7pm.
9. Bastrop County Texas Exes Independence Day Celebration - Saturday, Mar. 2nd, 6pm at the Bastrop Brewhouse, located at 601 Chestnut Street in the Crossing. $20/member, $25/non-member. Live music by the Larry Wilson Band! Click here for more info.
10. Clean the Colorado - Volunteer River Cleanup - Sunday, Mar. 3rd, 9am-1pm along the Austin-Bastrop corridor of the Colorado River. Pre-registration is required. Register online at www.lcra.org/outdoorprograms.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 2:12 PM