August 2, 2013
Top 10 Things To Do This Weekend (Aug 2-4, 2013)
1. First Friday Art Walk - Friday, Aug. 2nd, 5-9pm in downtown Bastrop. Live music, food & drinks, shopping, and of course, ART! Also, check out the Grand Opening of The Gallery at Lost Pines Art Bazaar, located at 930 Main Street.
2. Pickin' on the Porch - Friday, Aug. 2nd, 6-9pm at Larryland Music, located in the Crossing at 601 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. Bring your instrument (acoustic guitar, banjo, hand drum, stand up bass, harmonica, etc.) and play along!
3. Bastrop Homecoming & Rodeo - Friday & Saturday, Aug. 2nd-3rd at Mayfest Hill Rodeo Arena, located just off Loop 150 across from the entrance to Bastrop State Park. Gates open at 6pm. CPRA Rodeo, live music, dances, carnival, tournaments, and more! For more info, including band line-up, click here.
4. A Night of Hot Jazz with Hailey Tuck - Friday, Aug. 2nd, 7-9pm at the Firehouse Event Center, located at 809 Main Street in downtown Bastrop. For the last 10 months she has been studying at the Sorbonne and singing in clubs in Paris. Admission is FREE, although donations are encouraged.
5. Cowboy Breakfast - Saturday, Aug. 3rd, 6-9am in front of Frontier Bank, located at 1500 Chestnut Street in Bastrop, near Schulman Theatres Lost Pines 8.
6. Elgin Flea Market Days - Saturday, Aug. 3rd, 7am-4pm at Memorial Park in Elgin.
7. Homecoming Parade - Saturday, Aug. 3rd, 10am on Main Street in downtown Bastrop. Click here for more info.
8. Kids' Art Class - Saturday, Aug. 3rd, 10am-12pm at the Lost Pines Artisans Alliance, located at 301 Burleson in Smithville. For ages 5-12. Come and read with Ada and Mercedes; then make your own Rainbow Fish to take home.
9. Rack Room Shoes Grand Opening - Saturday, Aug. 3rd, at their new store located in the Burleson Crossing shopping center at 773 Hwy 71 W in Bastrop. Ribbon cutting at 10am. The first 100 customers will receive a special gift. Plus, you could win FREE shoes for life!!! Click here for more info.
10. Cotton Bowl Speedway - Saturday, Aug. 3rd, 5-11pm at Cotton Bowl Speedway, located at Hwy 290 and CR 202 in Paige. Admission: adults $12, seniors/students/military $10, and children (6 & under) are FREE. Races start at 7pm. For more info about Cotton Bowl Speedway, click here.
*For a list of live music and karaoke going on this weekend, click here.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 3:59 PM