This month, First Friday will be held on Dec. 5th, from 5:30-8:30pm.
Many downtown businesses, restaurants, and shops will stay open late, and there will be refreshments, live music and entertainment, and beautiful local artwork throughout historically hip downtown Bastrop.
ALLEY B LOCATIONS:
- Lost Pines Art Bazaar, 603 Chestnut Street; Artist: Tina Broussard
|"Negotiations" by Tina Broussard|
SOUTH MAIN LOCATIONS:
- Bastrop Fine Arts Guild, 815 Main Street; Artists: Small Format Big Impact Group Show
- Art Connections Gallery, 908 Main Street; Artists: Kendra Kinsey, Ian Duncan, Morgan Bogart, Glenda Kronke, & Theresa Jorgensen; Music: Faire to Middlin'
- "Oh Wow!", 920 Main Street, Artist: Cindy Maus
- Pinesong Art Gallery, 920 Main Street, Artist: Jason Ferrell
- High Cotton, 922 Main Street; Artist: Robin Tatem
- Art on the Colorado, 924 Main Street; Artist: Gretchen Norwalk; Music: Alvin Gay
- The Gallery at Lost Pines, 930 Main Street; Artist: John Maisano
|"Wanna Play?" by Gretchen Norwalk|
NORTH MAIN LOCATIONS:
- R.A. Green Mercantile, 1022 Main Street; Artist: Peggy Rutkowski
|Various recycled Art Fish by Peggy Rutkowski|
Plus, as a special holiday surprise this month, carriage rides will be available from 7-9pm at the Visitors Center and Museum, located at 904 Main Street, for $5/adult and $3/child per ride.
Need childcare? The First United Methodist Church of Bastrop has you covered! They're offering childcare for ages 0-7 from 6-10pm on Friday, Dec. 5th in the church basement. The church is located at 1201 Main Street. The cost is $15 for the first child, $5 for the second child, and FREE for each additional sibling. Dinner is provided. Reservations are required; no walk-ins. RSVP at (512) 321-2201.