December 12, 2014
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Dec 12-14, 2014)
1. Lost Pines Christmas - Dec. 12th-14th in downtown Bastrop. Ice skating, carriage rides, pictures with Santa, Christmas Street Market, lighted parade, and more!
2. Tacky Holiday Sweater Party - Dec. 12th, 6-8pm at The Owl Wine Bar & Home Goods Store, located at 106 N. Main Street in Elgin. Prizes for ugliest holiday sweater, pictures with Santa, and more!
3. River of Lights - Dec. 12th-14th, 6-9pm in Bastrop's Fisherman's Park, on the banks of the Colorado River. Admission is FREE!
4. "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" - Dec. 12th & 13th, 7:30pm at Playhouse Smithville, located at 110 Main Street in Smithville. Admission is $10/person.
5. Stargazing at the Roughs - Dec. 12th, 8:00-9:30pm at McKinney Roughs Nature Park, located at 1884 Hwy 71 W in Cedar Creek. Admission is FREE!
6. Christmas Canned Food Show - Dec. 13th at Schulman Theatres Lost Pines 8, located at Chestnut Street in Bastrop. Bring in 2 cans of food to receive a FREE ticket to see "The Polar Express" at 9:30am. Plus, there will be a raffle and pictures with Santa from 11:30am-2:30pm.
7. Walk on the Wild Side - Dec. 13th, 10am-12pm at McKinney Roughs Nature Park, located at 1884 Hwy 71 W in Cedar Creek. Admission is $5/person age 13 and up, free for children age 8-12.
8. Holiday Homes Tour - Dec. 13th, 12-5pm in downtown Bastrop. Tickets cost $15 per adult, and children under age 12 are free.
9. "The Nutcracker" - Dec. 13th, 1pm at the Jerry Fay Wilhelm Performing Arts Center, located at in Bastrop. Tickets are $10 each and can be purchased online here.
10. A Christmas Blend - Dec. 14th, 5:30pm at the Bastrop Convention & Exhibition Center, located at 1408 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. Performances by Sam Craig, Randy Bishop, Larry Wilson, Ben Zuniga, Covered, The Salvos, the Calvary Baptist Church Choir, and more. Admission is FREE!
*But that's not all! There's even more fun to be had this weekend in Bastrop County! For the full list of December events, click here.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 8:16 AM