December 19, 2014
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Dec 19-21, 2014)
1. River of Lights - Dec. 19th-21st, 6-9pm in Bastrop's Fisherman's Park, on the banks of the Colorado River. Admission is FREE!
2. Candlelight Christmas Carol Stroll - Dec. 19th, 6:30pm in downtown Bastrop. Meet at the Chamber of Commerce Kiosk at the corner of Main & Spring Streets OR at Primera Baptist Church. After the stroll, refreshments will be served at Ascension Catholic Church. Admission is FREE!
3. "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" - Dec. 19th & 20th, 7:30pm at Playhouse Smithville, located at 110 Main Street in Smithville. Admission is $10/person.
4. Brunch with Santa - Dec. 20th, 10am-2pm at Giggle N Jump, located at 1102 College Street in Bastrop. Kid friendly breakfast, pictures with Santa, crafts, and more. Registration is required, and space is limited. Tickets are $10/child. Call (512) 321-5867 to purchase tickets.
5. Trout Fishing with a Ranger - Dec. 20th, 2-4pm at Buescher State Park. Buescher State Park Lake is stocked with rainbow trout! Fish with a park ranger, who will provide useful tips and tricks. Free after park admission fee.
6. Live Nativity - Dec. 20th, 5-8pm at Hills Prairie Baptist Church, located at 267 E Clearview Cemetery Rd in Bastrop. Admission is FREE!
7. Christmas Potluck - Dec. 20th, 7pm at EON Vintage, located at 705-C Pine Street in Bastrop. Bring a dish to share, and enjoy some holiday fun in the courtyard!
8. Lost Pines Bird Count - Dec. 21st, 7am-5pm at the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort & Spa. Registration begins at 5:45am.
9. It's a CCC Christmas - Dec. 21st, 3-7pm at Bastrop State Park. Hear how the young men who built Bastrop and Buescher State Parks in the 1930s spent their Christmas far from home and family. See the tools they used, the uniforms they wore, visit the historic structures they built, and possibly tour a cabin. Free after park entrance fee.
10. A Classic Christmas - Dec. 21st, services at 5pm and 7pm at the Bastrop Convention Center, located at 1408 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. Enjoy a classic Christmas service, cookies, hot cocoa, and pictures with Santa before each service. Admission is FREE!
*But that's not all! There's even more fun to be had this weekend in Bastrop County! For the full list of December events, click here.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 9:06 AM