February 13, 2015
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Feb 13-15, 2015)
1. "Gypsies" - Feb. 13th & 14th, 7:00-8:15pm at the Jerry Fay Wilhelm Center for the Performing Arts (PAC), located at 1401 Cedar Street in Bastrop. Performed by Bastrop High School theatre students. $2/person or $3/couple.
2. Game Night & Open Mic - Feb. 13th, 7-10pm at The Owl Wine Bar and Home Goods Store, located at 106 N. Main Street in Elgin. FREE!
3. James Soto Band - Feb. 13th, 8-11pm at Roadhouse Paige, located at 147 Old Hwy 20 East in Paige.
4. Sherwood Forest Faire - Feb. 14th-15th, 10am-dusk at 1883 Old Hwy 20 in McDade. Enjoy tons of fun activities at this Renaissance Festival based on the tales of Robin Hood and his Merry Men... right in your very own backyard!
5. Winter Wildlife Survival Walk - Feb. 14th, 10-11am at Buescher State Park. Explore the world of forest animals in winter on a one-mile guided hike. Free after park entry fee.
6. Forts & Fairy Houses - Feb. 14th, 10:00am-3:30pm at Earth Native Wilderness School's Bastrop campus, located at 137 Woodview Lane in Bastrop. $35/person, ages 6-12. Learn more about the folklore surrounding the tiny woods creatures known as fairies. Share stories about these magical beings around the fire, and then, head out into the woods to seek out enchanted places to will build homes for them. Plus, construct your own forts for fairy observation nearby.
7. Story Time Saturday - Feb. 14th, 10:30am at Chick-fil-A, located at 721 Hwy 71 W in Bastrop. Join the Chick-fil-A cow and friends from the Bastrop Public Library for story time and a free kids icedream. FREE!
8. From Boys to Men - Feb. 14th, 2-3pm at Buescher State Park. Explore the lives of boys working in the Civilian Conservation Corps over 80 years ago. On a short hike, discover several structures they built and some of the tools they used while learning about their struggle to survive into manhood during the Great Depression. Free after park entry fee.
9. Night Hike - Feb. 14th, 7-8pm at Bastrop State Park. Join a naturalist to call for owls, watch for bats, listen for toads, and experience the trails after dark on this 1-mile hike. Free after park entry fees.
10. Vinyasa Yoga - Feb. 1st, 10-11am at the Sufi Center, located at 309 Cardinal Drive in Paige. Suggested donation of $10-20.
*But that's not all! There's even more fun to be had this weekend in Bastrop County! For the full list of February events, click here.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 8:33 AM