February 20, 2015
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Feb 20-22, 2015)
1. Bunco Fundraiser - Feb. 20th, 6pm at the Rockne VFW, located at 1503 FM 20 in Rockne. Entry is $20/person at the door. Entre fee includes dinner, Bunco, and a silent auction. Dinner will include seafood gumbo and/or taco soup, cornbread, dessert, and water. Other drinks will be available for purchase. The meal will be served starting at 6:00pm, and Bunco will start around 7:30pm. Hosted by the Bunco Babes, proceeds from this event benefit Relay For Life of Bastrop/Smithville and the American Cancer Society. Everyone is welcome! For more info, contact Cynthia Dickson at (512) 497-4271 or Brenda Meuth at (512) 914-6363.
2. Game Night & Open Mic - Feb. 20th, 7-10pm at The Owl Wine Bar and Home Goods Store, located at 106 N. Main Street in Elgin. FREE!
3. "Alice in Wonderland" - Feb. 20th & 21st, 7:30pm at Playhouse Smithville, located at 110 Main Street in Smithville. Tickets are $12/person and can be purchased in advance online or at the door.
4. Run for the Bluebonnets - Feb. 21st, 8:30am at Fisherman's Park in Bastrop. 1K and 5K runs for all ages. $10 registration fee for 1K (kids age 12 and under only), $20 registration fee for 5K (all ages). Registration fees increase on Feb. 7th. After party with live music at Neighbor's Kitchen and Yard. Register online here. Benefits the Bluebonnet Elementary PTA.
5. Brain Tanning Buckskins - Feb. 21st & 22nd, 9am-3pm at Earth Native Wilderness School, located at 137 Woodview Lane in Bastrop. $145/adult for 2-day brain tanning course where you will learn how to turn raw hides into supple, useful buckskins.
6. Couponers Stockpile Trade & Sale - Feb. 21st, 10am at Bob Bryant Park in Bastrop. Bring items you have purchased with coupons and sell or trade them. Or come to purchase sale items such as household cleaning products, detergents, food, and more. FREE!
7. Sherwood Forest Faire - Feb. 14th-15th, 10am-dusk at 1883 Old Hwy 20 in McDade. Enjoy tons of fun activities at this Renaissance Festival based on the tales of Robin Hood and his Merry Men... right in your very own backyard!
8. Super Saturday: George Washington's Birthday Party - Feb. 21st, 11am at the Bastrop Public Library, located at 1100 Church Street in Bastrop.
9. Sounds of the Night - Feb. 21st, 7-8pm at Buescher State Park. Learn about the sometimes spooky sounds of the forest at night and the special tools and adaptations that make nocturnal animals able to survive and thrive in the darkness. Free after park entry fee.
10. Women's Self Defense Class - Feb. 22nd, 2pm in downtown Bastrop (exact location will be given when you register). Cost is $50/person. Instructor is Hollywood stunt expert Charlie Parrish.
*But that's not all! There's even more fun to be had this weekend in Bastrop County! For the full list of February events, click here.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 10:25 AM