March 27, 2015
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Mar 27-29, 2015)
1. Plant Sale, Book Sale, & Silent Auction - Mar. 27th 10am-6pm & Mar. 28th 10am-4pm at the Bastrop Public Library. All proceeds benefit the Bastrop Public Library.
2. Bastrop County Historical Society Annual Garage Sale - Mar. 27th, 6-8pm & Mar. 28th 7am-3pm at 915 Hwy 71 W in Bastrop. $10 admission to Sneak Peek on Mar. 27th. FREE admission on Mar. 28th!
3. Game Night & Open Mic - Mar. 6th, 7-10pm at The Owl Wine Bar and Home Goods Store, located at 106 N. Main Street in Elgin. FREE!
4. Joyful Horse Veteran's Program Kick-Off - Mar. 28th, 10am-2pm at Balance Point Equestrian Center, located at 245 East Clearview Cemetery Road in Bastrop. Pot luck lunch and open house for Veterans and their families, supporters, and horse enthusiasts.
5. Sherwood Forest Faire - Mar. 28th-29th, 10am-dusk at 1883 Old Hwy 20 in McDade. Enjoy tons of fun activities at this Renaissance Festival based on the tales of Robin Hood and his Merry Men... right in your very own backyard! This is the LAST WEEKEND of the season!!!
6. Pictures with the Easter Bunny - Mar. 28th, 12-3pm at the Sugar Shack, located at 114 Loop 150 W in Bastrop. Bring your own camera.
7. Jr. Ranger Activities - Mar. 28th, 2-3pm at Bastrop State Park. Explore nature and complete writing and drawing activities. Fun for all ages! Complete level 1, 2 ,or 3 of the new Junior Ranger Activity Journal to earn the different badges. Plus, there will be a ranger on hand to answer all your questions and swear in new rangers! FREE after park entry fees.
8. Rock N Roll Easter - Mar. 28th, 2-4pm hosted by the Pentecostals of Bastrop at 261 FM 20 in Bastrop. Glow in the Dark Easter Egg Hunt, food, bounce houses, games, and more!
9. "Agnes of God" - Mar. 27th & 28th at 7:30pm at Playhouse Smithville, located at 110 Main Street in Smithville. Tickets are $12/person and can be purchased in advance online or at the door.
10. Sounds of the Night - Mar. 28th, 8-9pm at Buescher State Park. Explore the sometimes spooky sounds of the forest at night. Learn about different nocturnal wildlife and their special adaptations. FREE after park entry fees.
*But that's not all! There's even more fun to be had this weekend in Bastrop County! For even more events, visit our interactive online calendar here.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 4:06 PM