March 13, 2015
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Mar 13-15, 2015)
1. Fire! Fire! - Mar. 13th & Mar. 14th, 2-3pm at Bastrop State Park. Enjoy a short hike through some of the area that burned during the 2011 wildfires. Learn about the role of fire in forests, its uses and dangers, and the restoration efforts underway in Bastrop. Free after park entry fee.
2. Game Night & Open Mic - Mar. 13th, 7-10pm at The Owl Wine Bar and Home Goods Store, located at 106 N. Main Street in Elgin. FREE!
3. "Agnes of God" - Mar. 13th & 14th at 7:30pm and Mar. 15th at 2:00pm at Playhouse Smithville, located at 110 Main Street in Smithville. Tickets are $12/person and can be purchased in advance online or at the door.
4. Go Fish! Learn to Fish Event - Mar. 14th, 9am-12pm at Bastrop State Park. Children and adults can learn the basics of fishing through fun, hands-on activities. Take away a fishing fun pack and enter the drawing for door prizes. Equipment and bait provided or bring your own. No license necessary. Free after park entry fee.
5. Sherwood Forest Faire - Mar. 7th-8th, 10am-dusk at 1883 Old Hwy 20 in McDade. Enjoy tons of fun activities at this Renaissance Festival based on the tales of Robin Hood and his Merry Men... right in your very own backyard!
6. Cinderella Event - Mar. 14th, 1-4pm at Schulman Theatres Lost Pines 8, located at 1600 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. Cinderella will make an appearance to take photos with children (bring your own camera). Plus, there will be a coloring contest and a wax hand station to create a colorful wax hand to take home.
7. Stargazing at the Lake - Mar. 14th, 8:00-9:30pm at Buescher State Park. Discover the night sky above! There will be a telescope trained on some of the wonders of space for all to enjoy. Free after park entry fees.
8. Vinyasa Yoga - Mar. 15th, 8:30-9:30am at the Sufi Center, located at 309 Cardinal Drive in Paige. Suggested donation of $10-20.
9. Lost Pines Mountain Biking Tour - Mar. 15th, 9am-12pm at Bastrop State Park. Take a guided mountain biking tour in an area of Bastrop State Park that is normally closed to the public. On this moderate five-mile ride, see a historic town site and learn about the history of the park. Reservations required. Free after park entry fee.
10. Wagging Tails on the Trails - Mar. 15th, 2-4pm at Bastrop State Park. The Bastrop County Animal Shelter will bring dogs into the park to hike with park visitors. Come make the dog's day on this 2-mile guided hike. You're also welcome to bring your own (friendly) dog! There will be time for dog play and discussing hiking safely with dogs. All dogs must remain on leashes. Free after park entry fee.
*But that's not all! There's even more fun to be had this weekend in Bastrop County! For even more events, visit our interactive online calendar here.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 9:24 AM