April 10, 2015
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Apr 10-12, 2015)
1. Smithville Jamboree – Apr. 8th – 12th in downtown Smithville and off Hwy 71 at Vernon Richards Riverbend Park. Hours and pricing vary. Celebrate this spring with a carnival, live music, food, arts & crafts show, parade, pet show, livestock show/sale and much more!
2. Gumbo Friday - Apr. 10, 11:30am-1:30pm at Lost Pines Toyota, located at 806 Hwy 71 in Bastrop. Open to the public and FREE!
3. Lights Camera Texas! – Apr. 11, 5:30pm at Spiderwood Studios, 140 Utley Rd, Utley TX 78621. Support the Children’s Advocacy Center & the Family Crisis Center at this joint fundraising event, featuring a sit down dinner, open bar, live & silent auction, bucket raffle and dancing! Sponsor tickets and individual tables are still available. Individual tickets $125/person.
4. Wish Maker Charity Golf Tournament – Apr. 11, 12pm Shotgun at Colovista Golf Club, 100 Country Club Drive, Bastrop, TX 78602. Help Make-A-Wish Cental and South Texas make some wishes come true with this four-person scramble that includes green/cart fee, on-course prize raffle & games, an awards dinner following play and hole sponsor/title. $75/person.
5. Health Rodeo – April 11, 12-3pm at Elgin High School, 14000 County Line Road, Elgin, TX. Get informed and healthy while having fun with health screenings for adults, vision screening for kids, Meningitis shots for kids, giveaways, door prizes (including bikes, TVs, tickets for the Thinkery, Austin Aquarium and more) and entertainment for the whole family with clowns, face painting, petting zoo, pony rides, moonwalks, food and more! FREE!
6. Pine Street Market Days – April 11, 9am-5pm on Pine Street between Main & Water Streets in downtown Bastrop. Don’t miss out on the first Pine Street Market Day this year where local vendors will be featuring unique arts & crafts, woodworking, antiques, pottery, food, glassware, art, jewelry and much more. FREE!
7. George Harrison Tribute Band – April 11, 8pm at Neighbor’s Kitchen and Yard, located in the Crossing at 601 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. This tribute to the solo career of the lead guitarist of the Beatles’ features the Ky Hote Experience with special guests. FREE!
8. Friends of the Bastrop Public Library Dessert Social – April 11, 6-8pm at Bastrop Public Library, 1100 Church Street. Enjoy special desserts provided by eight local catering companies and bakeries at this first annual event. Tickets $20/person.
9. Yoga on the Patio - Apr. 12th, 8:30-9:30am at Neighbor's Kitchen and Yard, located in the Crossing at 601 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. Suggested donation of $10-20/person.
10. Edible Plants Class – April 12th, 10am-3pm at the Earth Native Wilderness School Bastrop Campus located at 137 Woodview Lane in Bastrop. Learn about edible wild plants that are even more nutritious than most domesticated crops, including common local edibles, wild plant harvesting and preparation and recommended resources to continue learning. $45/person.
*But that's not all! There's even more fun to be had this weekend in Bastrop County! For even more events, visit our interactive online calendar here.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 11:24 AM