April 24, 2015
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Apr 24-26, 2015)
1. Yesterfest – Aril 24th, 7-9pm and April 25th, 10am-6pm in Historic Downtown Bastrop. Celebrate Bastrop's colorful history with live music, dancing, historic reenactments (including a Wild West gun fight), pioneer life showcases, storytelling, family, friends, fun and more! 7-9pm April 24th and 10am-6pm April 25th. FREE!
2. "Inherit the Wind" – April 24th & 25th at 7:30pm and April 26th at 2pm at Playhouse Smithville, 110 Main Street, Smithville, TX. Inherit the Wind debuted in 1955 and is a fictionalized retelling of the 1925 Scopes “Monkey” Trial, but the play was intended to cause discussion about the then-contemporary McCarthy trials. Tickets $10.
3. Community Garden Play Day – April 25th, 8am-12pm at the Bastrop YMCA's community garden, located at 1111 Main Street, Bastrop, TX. Come volunteer to help tend the garden!
4. Elgin City Employee Garage Sale – April 25th, 9am-12pm at the Elgin Public Library, 404 North Main Street, Elgin, TX. Proceeds benefit Relay for Life.
5. 6th Annual Bun Run for the Cure – April 25th, 9am-12pm at 902 Wilkes Street, Smithville, TX. Get your buns in gear to fight breast cancer, raise money for the Susan G. Komen Foundation and have fun in this 5k/10k family run/walk! After crossing the pink finish line, stay for the AFTER PARTY at Pocket's Grille! There will be fruit, water, mimosas, a silent/live auctions, Cuppy Cakes, nail art and polish changes, massage tables, face painting, a prayer net, awards ceremony, educational resources from Komen Austin, and live music! 512-304-8171.
6. "Who Killed William Gamble Griffon?" – April 25th, 7pm at the Bastrop Opera House, 711 Spring Street, Bastrop, TX. Enjoy a night of fine food, murder and intrigue when the Bastrop County Bar Association presents "Who Killed William Gamble Griffon?" While Haywood Batey was indicted for the murder of William Gamble Griffon on Christmas Day, 1883. But, did Batey actually commit the murder? If so, was it justifiable? The evidence will be presented, and the audience will be the jury. 7pm dinner followed by a 8pm performance. Tickets $75. There is also a matinee performance on Sunday, April 26th at 2:30pm for $15. No meal will be included with the matinee.
7. Backyard Bass – April 25th, 2:30-3:30pm at Bastrop State Park, Swimming Pool Parking Lot, 3005 Texas 21, Bastrop, TX. Join a ranger at the swimming pool parking lot to practice your casting, learn how to identify fish and understand fishing regulations. Poles provided. Great for kids and adults alike. Free after park entry fees.
8. Owl Prowl – April 25th, 8-9pm at Bastrop State Park, 3005 Texas 21, Bastrop, TX. Find out who's who in the world of nighttime predators. Just be sure bring a flashlight! Starts at the Copperas Creek Picnic Shelter. Free after park entry fees.
9. SerenityStar Annual Sunday Brunch Fundraiser – April 26th, 11am-2pm, at the Comfort Café, 111 NW 1st St, Smithville, TX 78957. Help the Serenity Star Recovery Center as you enjoy a buffet, a silent auction that promises to be the best yet and live music! Tickets $35. Tickets available at door or call Teri at (512) 321-8336.
10. Valery Guignon Trunk Show – April 26th, 12-4pm at Art Connections Gallery, 908 Main Street, Bastrop, TX. Shop Valery's wearable art of hand dyed & painted silk tops, scarves, kimonos & more!
*But that's not all! There's even more fun to be had this weekend in Bastrop County! For even more events, visit our interactive online calendar here.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 3:51 PM