April 17, 2015
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Apr 17-19, 2015)
1. Downtown Bastrop Girls Night Out – April 17th, 5-8pm in downtown Bastrop. Grab your BFFs and get ready for some serious sipping, shopping, dining and socializing. Select locations marked with balloons will remain open until 8pm with in-store drawings for gift certificates and other prizes. FREE!
2. NatureFest – Apr. 18th, 9am-4pm at Fisherman’s Park, located at 1200 Willow Street, Bastrop, TX. Kick spring into high gear with live music, food, crafts, a rock wall and more at this fun-filled day of outdoor activities for the whole family along the Colorado River. Call 512-322-8930 for more info. FREE!
3. Smithville Empty Bowl Project - April 18th, 11am-2pm at the Mary Nichols Art Center, located at 301 Burleson Street, Smithville, TX. Fight hunger while enjoying music, speakers, and a simple meal of soup and bread donated by local restaurants in this nationwide grassroots effort presented locally by the Smithville Food Pantry, Smithville Community Gardens, and the Lost Pines Artisan's Alliance. In exchange for a cash donation, guests may keep one of the bowls handcrafted by local potters/artisans, educators, and community volunteers.
4. Bastrop Evening Lions Club 34th Annual Pancake Breakfast – April 18th, 8:30-11:00am at the Bastrop High School West Campus Cafeteria, located at 1614 Chambers Street, Bastrop, TX. Join the Bastrop Evening Lions Club for some good food and conversation, followed by a silent auction. Advance tickets are $7/adult and $5/child (under 12). At the door, tickets are $8/adult and $6/child. For more info, contact John Stoker at 512-552-4761.
5. Lone Star Car Club Cruise-In – April 18th, 10am-2pm at the Elgin Depot Museum in downtown Elgin. Cruise on in or just come take a look at all the beauties. FREE!
6. Elgin Art Studio Tour – April 18th, 10am-6pm in downtown Elgin. Tour 9 venues where local artists will be showcasing their creations. FREE!
7. Pearls of Youth Art Show – April 18th-19th, 10am-6pm at the Elgin Art Studio, located at 107 N. Main Street, Elgin, TX. Get an insider’s look at the Elgin Art Studio and discover the creativity and skill of local elementary, middle, and high school students. Everyone is invited to visit the art studio all weekend and attend the reception ceremony Sunday at 2pm. Light refreshments will be served. FREE!
8. Smithville Trades Day – April 18th, 10am-3pm in downtown Smithville. Enjoy local vendors, music, antiques, clothing, art, home décor, arts/crafts, good ol' junk and loads of fun! FREE!
9. Spring Fish Fry – April 18th, 11am-2pm at Mina Masonic Lodge No. 1456, located at 601 Main Street, Bastrop, TX. Enjoy fried catfish, beans, coleslaw, French fries, hushpuppies, tea, coffee, and more. Plates are $8/person and are available for eat-in or take-out. Contact Jerry Woehl at 512-581-2015 for more information.
10. "Artful Afternoon" Spring Gala & Garden Party – April 19th, 3-6pm at 1702 Pecan Street, Bastrop, TX. Join the Bastrop Fine Arts Guild for an afternoon of art, live music, hors d'oeuvres, specialty desserts, wine/beer, and silent/live auctions. Dress for a garden party (hats are encouraged) and spring into this season's art scene. $50/person. Call Karol Rice at 512-565-6912 or Jeanette Condray at 512-576-1100 to RSVP.
*But that's not all! There's even more fun to be had this weekend in Bastrop County! For even more events, visit our interactive online calendar here.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 11:58 AM