May 1, 2015
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (May 1-3, 2015)
1. Spring Pet Adoption Event - May 1st-2nd, 11am-9pm and May 3rd, 11am-4pm, Bastrop Animal Shelter, 589 Cool Water Drive, Bastrop, TX. Rabies clinic, microchipping, vaccines, FREE pet adoptions, bake sale, and more.
2. Steak Dinner Fundraiser – May 1st, 5-8pm, Grace Lutheran Church Activity Room, 308 Byrne St, Smithville, TX. Join the Grace Lutheran Church for a chicken fried steak dinner with all the trimmings to raise money for their learning center. Adults $9. Children 10 and under $5.
3. First Friday Art Walk – May 1st, 5:30-8pm in downtown Bastrop. Enjoy art, food, shopping, live music and more at Bastrop’s art equivalent to a pub crawl. FREE!
4. Moonlight Over the Mansion Gala – May 1st, 6:00-9:30pm at the Burleson/McClure House, 207 NE 8th Street, Smithville, TX. Join the Smithville Food Pantry for a unique evening of live music, hors d’ouevres, beverages, and silent auction at this historic mansion to help build a much needed home for the Smithville Food Pantry. Cocktail attire. Tickets $75/person.
5. Tough Mudder Central Texas - May 2nd-3rd at McMahan Ranch, 290 Old Lake Road, Smithville, TX. Put your fortitude and endurance to the test with winding forest trails, sun-baked pastures and Tough Mudders' biggest obstacles at this year’s Tough Mudder Central Texas Competition. Event hours and participation fees vary. If you prefer to watch the action from the sidelines, tickets are $20 until noon the day of the event and $40 at the time of the event. You may also volunteer for an event to waive the spectator fee. More info here.
6. Garage Sale for the Cure – May 2nd, 8am-2pm at the Tractor Supply Parking Lot, 441-B Hwy 71, Bastrop, TX. Support the upcoming Relay for Life event! Many teams will be represented and would like to sell you their treasures. There will also tickets on sale for the Relay for Life raffle that features amazing prizes.
7. BYFO Cheer Craft Fair - May 2nd, 9am-2pm, First Assembly of God, 609 Pecan Street, Bastrop, TX. Entry fee is $2/adult; children 12 and under are free. Raffle tickets $1 each. Bounce house tickets are $0.50 each. Concessions available for purchase. Proceeds benefit the BYFO Cheer program.
8. Vintage Motorcycle Show – May 2nd, 9am-3pm at 714 Spring Street, Bastrop, TX. Rev your engine for the best local vintage motorcycles or show off your own bike at the River Town Vintage Motorcycle show. Registration is 9-11am with awards at 3pm. FREE!
9. Wild by Nature Guided Hike – May 2nd, 10am-12pm at McKinney Roughs Nature Park. Enjoy an interpretive hike as a park naturalist brings together a unique blend of human and natural history to tell the story of the Colorado River. Discover how the river influences animal, plant and human life along its banks. Bring a picnic lunch and make it a family nature day! Weather permitting. No registration required. FREE!
10. Fiesta! Cinco de Mayo Celebration – May 2nd, 3pm-midnight, Viejo's Tacos y Tequila, 811 Main Street, Bastrop, TX. Crawfish boil, taco bar, live music, games & prizes, drink specials, and more.
*But that's not all! There's even more fun to be had this weekend in Bastrop County! For even more events, visit our interactive online calendar here.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 12:42 PM