June 5, 2015
Top 10 Things To Do This Weekend (June 5th-7th, 2015)
1. CASA Casino Night Kick-Off Party – 5:30-8:30pm at High Cotton, 922 Man Street, Bastrop, TX. CASA is gearing up for its 3rd Annual Casino for CASA next week with a kick-off party, so get ready for a great night that is only just the beginning! Call 512-303-2272 for tickets!
2. First Friday Art Walk – 5:30-8pm in downtown Bastrop. Experience Bastrop’s thriving art scene for yourself with Bastrop’s artistic version of a pub crawl with extended business hours downtown, food, live music and more. Cascade Rye will be playing at Eclectic Perfection during this month’s Art Walk and will feature special musical guest Ace Grant. FREE!
3. Music in the Park featuring Weldon Heston – 8-10pm at Veterans Park, 109 Depot St, Elgin, TX. Celebrate the return of nice weather with a night of dancing under the stars! There are paid concessions, and you can bring your own adult beverages. FREE!
4. Pickin’ on the Porch – 8-10:30pm at Neighbor’s Kitchen & Yard, 601 Chestnut Street, Bastrop, TX. Larryland is hosting its monthly Pickin' on the Porch at Neighbor's. Come hang out and enjoy this interactive music experience. If you're musically inclined, bring your instrument and join the fun! FREE!
5. Smithville First Saturday Art Festival – Enjoy art created by local artisans, live music, children's crafts, food, fun and more! Admission FREE! Call (512) 633-9972 for more information.
6. Elgin Flea Market Days – 7am-5pm at 1127 N Main Street, Elgin, TX. Discover collectibles, found treasures and an eclectic assortment of merchandise in Elgin! For information or to participate, contact Aletha Kribbs at 512-285-4025.
7. Garage Sale at the Owl Wine Bar – 8am-2pm at the Owl Wine Bar and Home Goods Store, 106 N. Main Street, Elgin, TX. The Owl Wine Bar is cleaning out their storeroom of awesome things that just don't work for them, as well as selling some personal items. Come down and help them find new homes!
8. River Valley Farmer’s Market – 9am-1pm at Veteran’s Park, 109 Depot Street, Elgin, TX. The first Saturday of each month, River Valley Farmer’s Market makes shopping for the freshest produce even fresher with live music, so you can shop and listen local while children engage in activities and crafts at this growers only market! This month features Patty Finney, Sarah Page and Dewey Lyon!
9. Wild by Nature Hike – 10am-12pm at McKinney Roughs Nature Park, 1884 State Highway 71 West, Cedar Creek, TX. Get out there and enjoy the return of sunny skies to Bastrop County with an interpretive hike as a park naturalist brings together a unique blend of human and natural history to tell the story of the Colorado River. Discover how the river influences animal, plant and human life along its banks. This is the last Wild by Nature hike scheduled for this year, so don’t miss out! Call 512-303-5073 for more information. FREE!
10. Wild West Fun Run – 10am-2pm at Rusty’s Walnut Creek Ranch, 394 County Road 321, Cedar Creek, TX. Come for the 5k and obstacle course, stay for the BBQ, live music and kids games! Adults 12 and up - $45. Children 6-11 - $30. Children 5 & Under - Free. Sponsor a foster kid for $25. Proceeds benefit the Love Colton Foundation to raise public awareness to prevent child abuse in Texas and throughout the country.
*But that's not all! There's even more fun to be had this weekend in Bastrop County! For even more events, visit our interactive online calendar here. And for the Live Music Lowdown, click here.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 4:54 PM