October 16, 2015
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Oct 16-18, 2015)
1. Guess Who's Coming to Dinner - Oct. 16th, 7:00-10:30pm at various locations. Proceeds benefit the Children's Advocacy Center.
2. Stargazing at the Roughs - Oct. 16th, 9:00-10:30pm at McKinney Roughs Nature Park. Explore the galaxy as an astronomer takes you on a tour of the Milky Way that is truly out of this world! FREE for all ages!
3. Book Signing - Oct. 17th, 10am-1pm at the Living Room Bookstore. Come meet local authors Angela Castillo and Jamie Foley!
4. Cattlemen for Cancer Research Auction - Oct. 17th at the Hills Prairie Livestock Auction Co. located at 1177 Hwy 304 in Bastrop. Silent auction opens at 10am; cattle auction begins at 2pm.
5. Pumpkin Hunt - Oct. 17th, 10am-5pm and Oct. 18th, 1-5pm at Evergreen Farms, located at 242 Monkey Road in Elgin. The Pumpkin Hunt includes a wagon ride into the Christmas tree fields where mini pumpkins are hidden in the trees. Plus, enjoy games & activities like the Pumpkin Launcher, Maze, Slide, Train Ride, Golf, Pumpkin Decorating, Pumpkin Spinner, Face Painting, Hop Along Ponies, and Deep in the Jungle Bounce House. Most activities are $2.50 per ticket.
6. Pumpkin Festival - Oct. 17th, 10:00am-5:30pm and Oct. 18th, 12:00-5:30pm at Elgin Christmas Tree Farm. Hayrides, farm animals, mazes, face painting, mini train, playscape, live music, pumpkins, baked goods, Elgin sausage, snow cones, sand art, pumpkin painting, gift shop, and more! $6/person ages 2-12yrs, $8/person ages 13 and up, children under 2 get in FREE.
7. Power of the Purses - Oct. 17th, 11am-2pm at the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort & Spa. Tickets are $40/person and include lunch, a style show featuring regional designers and retailers, a marketplace, and a silent auction. All proceeds benefit the Boys & Girls Clubs of Bastrop County.
8. Bands for Lands Concert - Oct. 17th, 5-9pm at Neighbor's Kitchen and Yard. The event is free and open to the public, but a $10 donation per person is suggested. Or buy a special VIP ticket for $75/person! Bands performing include: Carolyn Wonderland, the Chubby Knuckle Choir, and the Mark Jungers Band. Plus, there will be a live auction with a Carolyn Wonderland signed guitar and amp, SXSW wrist bands, concert tickets, and over 40 auction items total! Proceeds benefit the Pines and Prairies Land Trust.
9. Play for Pink Casino Night - Oct. 17th, 6-10pm at Lost Pines Toyota. Food served 6-7pm; casino tables from 7-10pm. Tickets are $50 before the event and $55 at the door. Not only is it a super fun event, but you'll be helping bring the Big Pink Bus to Bastrop to provide uninsured or underinsured women with lifesaving mammograms!
10. Croctober Twilight Tour - Oct. 17th, 7-9pm at the Texas Reptile Zoo. Experience the sights and sounds of the zoo after dark! $8.50/person. Reservations requested.
Scream Hollow Wicked Halloween Park - Oct. 16th-17th, 6pm-midnight; Oct. 18th, 6-11pm. Located at 149 Split Rail Lane in Smithville. Brave 3 haunted houses: Mansion of Terror Phantoms, Lost Pines Zombie City, and Slaughter Circus, while enjoying food and drink from the Cackling Witch Café and Bakery and the Rabid Bat Vampire Bar.
Barton Hill Farms - Oct. 17th, 10am-10pm and Oct. 18th, 10am-5pm. Located at 115 FM 969 in Bastrop. Enjoy a corn maze, farm animals, a pioneer fort, "The Lively" giant pirate ship sand box, sack races, ring toss, and other fun games & activities, live music, concessions, a pumpkin patch, and more!
*But that's not all! There's even more fun to be had this weekend in Bastrop County! For even more events, visit our interactive online calendar here.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 1:51 PM