October 23, 2015
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Oct 23-25, 2015)
1. All You Can Eat Pancake Breakfast - Oct. 24th, 8-10am at the Jerry Fay Wilhelm Center for the Performing Arts in Bastrop. Proceeds support the Bastrop High School Honeybears Drill Team. $5/person.
2. Pumpkin Hunt - Oct. 24th, 10am-5pm and Oct. 25th, 1-5pm at Evergreen Farms, located at 242 Monkey Road in Elgin. The Pumpkin Hunt includes a wagon ride into the Christmas tree fields where mini pumpkins are hidden in the trees. Plus, enjoy games & activities like the Pumpkin Launcher, Maze, Slide, Train Ride, Golf, Pumpkin Decorating, Pumpkin Spinner, Face Painting, Hop Along Ponies, and Deep in the Jungle Bounce House. Most activities are $2.50 per ticket.
3. Fall Fun at the Farm - Oct. 23rd-24th, 10:00am-5:30pm and Oct. 25th, 12:00-5:30pm at Elgin Christmas Tree Farm. Hayrides, farm animals, mazes, face painting, mini train, playscape, live music, pumpkins, baked goods, Elgin sausage, snow cones, sand art, pumpkin painting, gift shop, and more! $6/person ages 2 & up, children under 2 get in FREE.
4. Hogeye Festival - Oct. 24th, 10am-6pm in downtown Elgin. Pig puns, live music, children’s costume pet parade, a carnival, Road Hog Car Show, BBQ Pork Cook-Off, In a Pig’s Eye Dart Contest, the crowning of the King Hog or Queen Sowpreme, Hogalicious Dessert Contest, Cow Patty Bingo, the Pearls Before Swine Art Show, and more!!!
5. Barton Hill Farms - Oct. 24th, 10am-10pm and Oct. 25th, 10am-5pm. Located at 115 FM 969 in Bastrop. Enjoy a corn maze, farm animals, a pioneer fort, "The Lively" giant pirate ship sand box, sack races, ring toss, and other fun games & activities, live music, concessions, a pumpkin patch, and more!
6. Firefighter Benefit - Oct. 24th, 12-3pm at the First United Methodist Church of Bastrop, located at 1201 Main Street in Bastrop. Food, live music, silent auction, cake walk, face painting, kids games like the bean bag toss, balloon dart, and more! Admission $5 per person. The money from admissions, games, and auctions will be given directly to local fire departments including The Heart of Pines VFD, Bastrop VFD, and Smithville VFD. Cash or checks only.
7. Feed the Need - Oct. 24th, 6-10pm at the Bastrop Convention & Exhibit Center, located at 1408 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. Enjoy live music by James Soto, BBQ from Southside Market & Barbeque, dancing, silent auction, raffle, and a mechanical bull. Proceeds benefit Mission U-Too. Tickets are $50/person. Purchase tickets online here.
8. Scream Hollow Wicked Halloween Park - Oct. 23rd-24th, 6pm-midnight; Oct. 25th, 6-11pm. Located at 149 Split Rail Lane in Smithville. Brave 3 haunted houses: Mansion of Terror Phantoms, Lost Pines Zombie City, and Slaughter Circus, while enjoying food and drink from the Cackling Witch Café and Bakery and the Rabid Bat Vampire Bar.
9. Croctober Twilight Tour - Oct. 24th, 7-9pm at the Texas Reptile Zoo. Experience the sights and sounds of the zoo after dark! $8.50/person. Reservations requested.
10. Yoga on the Patio - Oct. 25th, 8:30-9:45am at Neighbor's Kitchen and Yard, located at 601 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. All levels welcome. Suggested donation of $10-20.
*But that's not all! There's even more fun to be had this weekend in Bastrop County! For even more events, visit our interactive online calendar here.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 4:33 PM