October 30, 2015
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Oct 30-Nov 1, 2015)
*PLEASE NOTE* 365 Bastrop is not responsible for cancellations due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Please double-check each event before attending. Thanks!
1. Fall Fun at the Farm - Oct. 30th-31st, 10:00am-5:30pm at Elgin Christmas Tree Farm. Hayrides, farm animals, mazes, face painting, mini train, playscape, live music, pumpkins, baked goods, Elgin sausage, snow cones, sand art, pumpkin painting, gift shop, and more! $6/person ages 2 & up, children under 2 get in FREE.
2. Scream Hollow Wicked Halloween Park - Oct. 30th-31st, 6pm-midnight; Nov. 1st, 6-11pm. Located at 149 Split Rail Lane in Smithville. Brave 3 haunted houses: Mansion of Terror Phantoms, Lost Pines Zombie City, and Slaughter Circus, while enjoying food and drink from the Cackling Witch Café and Bakery and the Rabid Bat Vampire Bar.
3. "The Mummy" - Oct. 30th & 31st at 7:30pm at Playhouse Smithville, located at Main Street in Smithville. Inspired by the 1932 Boris Karloff film "The Mummy" and the 1940 movie "The Mummy’s Hand." Come travel back to the Hollywood Egypt of the '20s during an excavation that releases more than an ancient curse. Tickets are $10.50 each. Purchase tickets online here.
4. Pumpkin Hunt - Oct. 31st, 10am-5pm and Nov. 1st, 1-5pm at Evergreen Farms, located at 242 Monkey Road in Elgin. The Pumpkin Hunt includes a wagon ride into the Christmas tree fields where mini pumpkins are hidden in the trees. Plus, enjoy games & activities like the Pumpkin Launcher, Maze, Slide, Train Ride, Golf, Pumpkin Decorating, Pumpkin Spinner, Face Painting, Hop Along Ponies, and Deep in the Jungle Bounce House. Admission is FREE, and most activities cost $2.50 per ticket.
5. Barton Hill Farms - Oct. 31st, 10am-10pm and Nov. 1st, 10am-5pm. Located at 115 FM 969 in Bastrop. Enjoy a corn maze, farm animals, a pioneer fort, "The Lively" giant pirate ship sand box, sack races, ring toss, and other fun games & activities, live music, concessions, a pumpkin patch, and more!
6. Bluebonnet VFD Halloween Carnival - Oct. 31st, 11am-3pm at 5554 FM 535 in Cedar Creek. Games & activities, treats, food, safety booth, raffle, and more!
7. Trunk or Treat - Oct. 31st, 4-8pm at Dixie's Den of Antiquities, located at 1289 Hwy 71 in Bastrop (toward Smithville). Enjoy safe and easy trick-or-treating! Admission is FREE!
8. Elgin's 16th Annual Safe Trick or Treat Trail - Oct. 31st, 5-7pm in downtown Elgin and Veteran's Memorial Park. Free treats for kids of all ages! Admission is FREE!
9. Halloween Fest - Oct. 31st, 5:30-9:30pm in downtown Bastrop on North Main and Spring Streets. Enjoy games & treats, a costume contest, a lip sync contest, ghost stories & scary movies, BHS Gypsies, BHS Patent Pending, photo ops, and more! Admission is FREE!
10. Fall Festival - Oct. 31st, 6-8pm at McDade Baptist Church, located at 198 El Paso Street in McDade. Enjoy games, treats, and a bouncy house.
11. Hip Not Weird Halloween Party - Oct. 31st at The Old Town Restaurant and Bar, located at 931 Main Street in Bastrop. Enter the costume contest, enjoy drink specials, and dance to the beats of DJ Catt Scratch!
12. Monster Ball: Mobster Edition - Oct. 31st, 7:30pm-midnight at Viejo's Tacos y Tequila, located at 811 Main Street in Bastrop. It's their last weekend in this location, so come help them celebrate, mobster style! Come dressed in your best '20s attire or your favorite costume.
13. 2nd Annual Fright Night - Oct. 31st, 8pm-midnight at Neighbor's Kitchen and Yard, located at 601 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. Live music by The Graveyard Five, costume contest with prizes, witch's brew, and more!
*But that's not all! There's even more fun to be had this weekend in Bastrop County! For even more events, visit our interactive online calendar here.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 2:06 PM