October 9, 2015
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Oct 9-11, 2015)
1. Cruisin' to Rosanky Car Show & Swap Meet - Swap Meet begins on Oct. 9th at 12pm and ends at 5pm on Oct. 10th at Rosanky Baptist Church. Car Show is 8am-4pm on Oct. 10th at Rosanky Baptist Church. Enjoy a dessert auction, a silent auction, concessions, crafts, live music by The Extrordinares playing your all time favorite '50s and '60s tunes, and of course, lots of cool CARS!
2. 4th Annual Showdown at Cotton Bowl Speedway - Oct. 9th, gates open at 5pm, races start at 8pm; Oct. 10th, gates open at 4pm, races start at 6pm. Pit Pass $30, General Admission $15, Students/Military/Seniors $12, Kids 6-12 $5, under 6 FREE. It's the last race of the season!!!
3. Texas Photo Festival - Oct. 9th, mixers from 7-9pm at Mosaic Art & Home, located at 218 Main St. and the LPAA Gallery, located at 206 Main St. in downtown Smithville; Oct. 10th, 10am-3pm in downtown Smithville. There will be models, sets, classes, and photography contests. Expect still life, moving sets, sound sets, interactive sets, models of all ages, costumes, lighting displays, and lots of surprises! Photographer's admission is $10 for a wristband, which includes limited seating classes, first come first served. If you're carrying a camera, you're a photographer!!! Models and volunteers are admitted FREE.
4. Pine Street Market Days - Oct. 10th, 9am-5pm on Pine Street in downtown Bastrop. It's a fun way to get a little shopping done, while spending some time outdoors enjoying our wonderful Texas weather. You'll find antiques, unique handcrafted items and gifts, pottery, woodcraft, beautiful jewelry, clothing, candles, cute bows and tutus, and so much more! Admission is FREE!
5. Pumpkin Hunt - Oct. 10th, 10am-5pm and Oct. 11th, 1-5pm at Evergreen Farms, located at 242 Monkey Road in Elgin. The Pumpkin Hunt includes a wagon ride into the Christmas tree fields where mini pumpkins are hidden in the trees. Plus, enjoy games & activities like the Pumpkin Launcher, Maze, Slide, Train Ride, Golf, Pumpkin Decorating, Pumpkin Spinner, Face Painting, Hop Along Ponies, and Deep in the Jungle Bounce House. Most activities are $2.50 per ticket.
6. Pumpkin Festival - Oct. 10th, 10:00am-5:30pm and Oct. 11th, 12:00-5:30pm at Elgin Christmas Tree Farm. Hayrides, farm animals, mazes, face painting, mini train, playscape, live music, pumpkins, baked goods, Elgin sausage, snow cones, sand art, pumpkin painting, gift shop, and more! $6/person ages 2-12yrs, $8/person ages 13 and up, children under 2 get in FREE.
7. Smithville Folk Music Festival - Oct. 10th, 12-6pm in downtown Smithville. Performances by: Mike Roberts, Block 16 Band, Distillery Band, Heidi Little, Buffalo Hearts, Ed Kliman Band, Double Eagle Band, and the Jimmy George Band. Admission is FREE!
8. Paige Volunteer Fire Department Fundraiser - Oct. 10th, 3-7pm at the Paige VFD, located at 168 Washington Street in Paige. Chicken fried steak dinner served beginning at 4pm, $10/person. Silent auction from 3-5pm, and a live auction starting at 6pm. Proceeds benefit the Paige Volunteer Fire Department.
9. Movie in the Park - Oct. 10th in Fisherman's Park in Bastrop. Activities begin at 7pm, movie "James and the Giant Peach" starts at dusk. Bring your own lawn chairs, blankets, and coolers. Concessions will be available. Admission is FREE!
10. Sounds of Sharing Concert - Oct. 10th, 7-9pm at the Jerry Fay Wilhelm Center for the Preforming Arts, located at 1401 Cedar Street in Bastrop. Performances by: The Shop Dawgz, Jimmy T, Dancers for Christ, Anthony Hubbard, and Cascade Rye. $20/person. Proceeds benefit the Bastrop County Emergency Food Pantry. PLUS, there will be an AFTER-PARTY beginning at 9pm at Neighbor's Kitchen and Yard, located in the Crossing at 601 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. The Shop Dawgz will be playing, and 10% of all food and non-alcoholic drink sales will be donated to the Food Pantry!
Scream Hollow Wicked Halloween Park - Oct. 9th-10th, 6pm-midnight; Oct. 11th, 6-11pm. Located at 149 Split Rail Lane in Smithville. Brave 3 haunted houses: Mansion of Terror Phantoms, Lost Pines Zombie City, and Slaughter Circus, while enjoying food and drink from the Cackling Witch Café and Bakery and the Rabid Bat Vampire Bar.
Barton Hill Farms - Oct. 10th, 10am-10pm and Oct. 11th, 10am-5pm. Located at 115 FM 969 in Bastrop. Enjoy a corn maze, farm animals, a pioneer fort, "The Lively" giant pirate ship sand box, sack races, ring toss, and other fun games & activities, live music, concessions, a pumpkin patch, and more!
*But that's not all! There's even more fun to be had this weekend in Bastrop County! For even more events, visit our interactive online calendar here.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 10:41 AM