November 6, 2015
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Nov 6-8, 2015)
*PLEASE NOTE* 365 Bastrop is not responsible for cancellations due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Please double-check each event before attending. Thanks!
1. Gumbo Friday - Nov. 6th, 11:30am-1:30pm at Lost Pines Toyota, located at 806 Hwy 71 in Bastrop. Admission and gumbo are FREE!
2. Santa's Workshop Craft Fair - Nov. 6th, 12-8pm at The Santa House, located at 278 Hwy 304 in Bastrop. Snacks, door prizes, and shopping!!! Admission is FREE!
3. First Friday Art Walk - Nov. 6th, 5:30-8:30pm in downtown Bastrop. Live music, food & drinks, shopping, and of course, art! Admission is FREE!
4. Scream Hollow: Pitch Dark Experience - Nov. 6th-7th, 7pm-midnight at 149 Split Rail Lane in Smithville. Brave 3 haunted houses: Mansion of Terror Phantoms, Lost Pines Zombie City, and Slaughter Circus... in the DARK!
5. "The Mummy" - Nov. 6th & 7th at 7:30pm and Sunday at 2:00pm at Playhouse Smithville, located at Main Street in Smithville. Inspired by the 1932 Boris Karloff film "The Mummy" and the 1940 movie "The Mummy’s Hand." Come travel back to the Hollywood Egypt of the '20s during an excavation that releases more than an ancient curse. Tickets are $10.50 each. Purchase tickets online here.
6. Arbor Day Celebration - Nov. 7th, 10am-12pm in Bob Bryant Park, located at 600 Charles Blvd. in Bastrop. Help plant 100 trees! Everyone who attends will receive a gift bag, a free tree, and a small lunch. Admission is FREE!
7. Sugar Shack's 20th Anniversary Celebration - Nov. 7th, 11am-4pm at 114 Loop 150 W in Bastrop. Goodies and prizes, plus a visit from the Jelly Belly Guy from 12-3pm! Admission is FREE!
8. Taste of Bastrop - Nov. 7th, 11am-6pm in downtown Bastrop on South Main (from Chestnut to Pine Street). Local restaurants will be selling sample-size portions of their yummiest menu items, local wineries will tempt you with their most delicious wines, and shops, artists, and galleries will delight you with their unique and gorgeous items. Admission is FREE, but be sure to bring some cash to purchase the samples. (Most vendors will accept credit cards, but it's better to be safe than hungry!)
9. Elgin Local Good's 1-Year Anniversary - Nov. 7th, 5-9pm at 201 N. Main Street in Elgin. Enjoy a special dinner with Chef Eric Welle. Reservations requested.
10. SerenityStar Fundraiser - Nov. 7th, 6:30pm at Comfort Café, located at 111 NW 1st Street in Smithville. Tickets are $75/person or $100/couple and include dinner, live music, a silent auction, and guest speakers.
*But that's not all! There's even more fun to be had this weekend in Bastrop County! For even more events, visit our interactive online calendar here.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 8:38 AM