January 1, 2016
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Jan 1-3, 2016)
This week's Top 10 is sponsored by Exacta Bookkeeping & Tax Services, located at 201 Childers Drive, Ste. 105 in Bastrop. They offer bookkeeping and tax services including federal income tax preparation, tax estimates and extensions, payroll, business incorporation, audit representation, Notary Public, and more!
1. Tot's First Tromp - Jan. 1st, 1:00-1:30pm at Bastrop State Park. Explore the Old Golf Course paved trails on this quick and easy nature hike. There will be 15 minutes of hiking and then 15 minutes of nature play. Bring your little ones; great for kids in strollers, too. Free after park entry fees.
2. A New Start: Life in the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) - Jan. 1st, 2-3pm at Buescher State Park. Learn how the CCC gave the country a fresh start on this easy, guided hike. Free after park entry fees.
3. Hosea Hargrove & The Roadrunners - 7:30-11:30pm at Shellers Barrelhouse Bar, located in the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort and Spa. Enjoy live music, drinks, and snacks.
4. Pickin' on the Porch - Jan. 1st, 8pm in The Crossing, located at 601 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. Interactive music experience; bring your own instrument and play along or just sit back and enjoy the camaraderie. FREE!
5. James Soto Band - Jan. 1st, 9pm-midnight at Viejo's, located at 912 Main Street in Bastrop. Eat tacos, drink margaritas, and enjoy live music from one of Bastrop's favorite local bands.
6. Out of the Ashes Guided Hike - Jan. 2nd, 10-11am at Bastrop State Park. Enjoy a one-mile guided hike in the ever-changing landscape of Bastrop State Park. Free after park entry fees.
7. Wild by Nature - Jan. 2nd, 10am-12pm at McKinney Roughs Nature Park. Enjoy an interpretive hike as a park naturalist brings together a unique blend of human and natural history to tell the story of the Colorado River. Discover how the river influences animal, plant and human life along its banks. No registration is required. Ages 8 and up. FREE!
8. The Jordan Sisters - Jan. 2nd, 7:30-9:30pm at the Owl Wine Bar and Home Goods Store, located at 106 N. Main Street in Elgin.
9. Popular Demand - 8am-midnight at Shellers Barrelhouse Bar, located in the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort and Spa. Enjoy live music, drinks, and snacks.
10. Oh! Happy Sunday - Jan. 3rd, 12pm at Neighbor's Kitchen and Yard, located in The Crossing at 601 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. Gospel lunch with live music by the Linda Green Band.
If you would like to sponsor the Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend, please email email@example.com for more information. Or click here for more information about advertising with 365 Bastrop.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 12:41 PM