January 29, 2016
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Jan 29-31, 2016)
This week's Top 10 is sponsored by Exacta Bookkeeping & Tax Services, located at 201 Childers Drive, Ste. 105 in Bastrop. They offer bookkeeping and tax services including federal income tax preparation, tax estimates and extensions, payroll, business incorporation, audit representation, Notary Public, and more!
1. Old School House Chili & BBQ Cook-Off - Jan. 29th-30th at the Red Rock Community Center, located at 114 Red Rock Road in Red Rock. This is a Terlingua Qualifier. Categories are bloody marys, chicken, beans, Tolbert Chili, Junior chili, pork spare ribs, brisket and margaritas. There will be a social gathering and early registration on Friday, beginning at 6pm. Registration on Saturday begins at 8am. There will also be a live and silent auction and 50/50 raffle.
2. "Glengarry Glen Ross" - Jan. 29th & 30th, 7:30pm at Playhouse Smithville, located at 110 Main Street in Smithville. A classic tale of greed and betrayal. When an office full of New York City real estate salesmen is given the news that all but the top two will be fired at the end of the week, the atmosphere begins to heat up. Sell, sell, sell - Always Be Closing! Tickets can be purchased online for $10.50/person.
3. Sapling Saturday - Jan. 30th, 7:30am-12:00pm at Bastrop State Park. Help plant trees! Pre-registration is required.
4. Free Legal Forum for U.S. Veterans - Jan. 30th, 8:30am-12:00pm at the Bastrop County Courthouse in the Basement of the Annex. Attorney volunteers will provide legal information and referrals in the areas of Veteran Disability Claims, Family Law, Divorce, Child Support, Wills, Estate Planning, Probate, Guardianship, Consumer Law, Contracts, social Security/SSI, Landlord/Tenant and Bankruptcy. Please bring any paperwork that might help us discuss with you the type of assistance you may require. No appointment necessary. FREE!
5. Artist Demonstration with Nancy Lou Webster - Jan. 30th, 11am-1pm and 2-4pm at the Owl Wine Bar and Home Goods Store, located at 106 N. Main Street in Elgin. Artist Nancy Lou Webster will demonstrate her famous Treenware and feature her heart molds. Admission is FREE!
6. Learn to Crochet - Jan. 30th, 2-4pm at Friendly Pastures, located at 975 FM 3000 in Elgin. Trinity Siemer will be teaching the basics of crochet. Bring a 5mm crochet hook, two or more of your favorite colors of yarn, and a folding chair. Admission is FREE!
7. Personalize a Soup/Chili Bowl - Jan. 30th, 2-4pm at Back Porch Ceramics, located in the Crossing at 601 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. This is a beginner level class teaching the basics of glazing. $30/person.
8. Cascade Rye - Jan. 30th, 8-11pm at Roadhouse Paige, located at 147 Old Hwy 20 E in Paige. Enjoy live music and delicious dining!
9. James Soto Band - Jan. 30th, beginning at 9pm at Huebels, located at 207 NW 2nd Street in Smithville. Enjoy live music from a local favorite!
10. Oh! Happy Sunday - Jan. 31st, 12pm at Neighbor's Kitchen and Yard, located in The Crossing at 601 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. Gospel lunch with live music by the Linda Green Band.
If you would like to sponsor the Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend, please email email@example.com for more information. Or click here for more information about advertising with 365 Bastrop.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 5:05 PM