January 8, 2016
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Jan 8-10, 2016)
This week's Top 10 is sponsored by Exacta Bookkeeping & Tax Services, located at 201 Childers Drive, Ste. 105 in Bastrop. They offer bookkeeping and tax services including federal income tax preparation, tax estimates and extensions, payroll, business incorporation, audit representation, Notary Public, and more!
1. Wynn Taylor - Jan. 8th, 8pm at Roadhouse Paige, located at 147 Old Hwy 20 E in Paige. Enjoy live music from a fantastic singer-songwriter who mixes it up with blues, bluegrass, swing, alt/country, and Americana!
2 Eagle Observation Hike - Jan. 9th, 9:00-10:30am at McKinney Roughs Nature Park. Our eagles have returned to their nest! Come view them from a distance and watch their aerial displays on this guided hike with a McKinney Roughs naturalist. Let your skills take flight as you learn tips to identify common birds by sight and sound and the proper techniques for using field binoculars. Preregistration is required. $10/person; ages 12 and up.
3. Out the Ashes Guided Hike - Jan. 9th, 10-11am at Bastrop State Park. Enjoy a one-mile guided hike in the ever-changing landscape of Bastrop State Park. Free after park entry fees.
4. Bastrop Women's Expo - Jan. 9th, 11am-2:30pm at the Best Western Pines Inn, located at 107 Hunters Crossing Blvd. in Bastrop. $2/person entry fee. Door prizes, goodie bags, and vendors including AVON, Mary Kay, Scentsy, Tupperware, Pampered Chef, Younique, Jamberry Nails, and more.
5. Rian C - Jan. 9th, 1pm at Neighbor's Kitchen and Yard, located in the Crossing at 601 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. Easy goin' honky-tonk blues and rock n' roll!
6. Visiting the Past, Hiking for the Future - Jan. 9th, 2-4pm at Bastrop State Park. This moderately athletic 3-mile hike will follow multiple trails up to Fehr's Overlook, and then you'll have the option to continue on another path of your choosing alone, or stick with the guides and make your way back down the way you came. Free after park entry fees.
7. Standing Together Through Fire and Rain Benefit Concert - Jan. 9th, 5:30-10:30pm at the Bastrop Convention and Exhibition Center, located at 1408 Chestnut Street. Tickets include dinner by Baxters on Main, dancing and live music featuring Asleep at the Wheel, and a cash bar. Proceeds benefit the Bastrop County Long Term Recovery Team.
8. Cascade Rye - Jan. 9th, 7:30-9:30pm at the Owl Wine Bar and Home Goods Store, located at Main Street in Elgin. This duo showcases a great blend of Americana, roots rock, folk, and country with beautiful harmonies and superb songwriting!
9. James Soto Band - Jan. 9th, 8-11pm at Roadhouse Paige, located at 147 Old Hwy 20 E in Paige. Enjoy live music from one of Bastrop's favorite country bands!
10. Yoga! In the Park! - Jan. 10th, 2-3pm in Fisherman's Park, located at 1200 Willow Street in Bastrop (along the Riverwalk in the grass below Neighbor's Kitchen and Yard). Suggested donation of $10-$20.
If you would like to sponsor the Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend, please email email@example.com for more information. Or click here for more information about advertising with 365 Bastrop.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 5:09 PM