February 12, 2016
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Feb 12-14, 2016)
1. How Parks Saved the Country - Feb. 12th, 7:30-8:30pm at Bastrop State Park. Short sit-down chat with lots of pictures to explore how the Civilian Conservation Corps changed the lives of millions during the Great Depression. Free after park entry fees.
2. "Laugh FM" - Feb. 12th-13th at 7:30pm and Feb. 14th at 2pm at Playhouse Smithville, located at 110 Main Street in Smithville. Come laugh as the Playhouse Smithville entertainers sing the funniest songs they know and perform some of the craziest, nuttiest scenes they've enjoyed over the years! $10.50/person, purchase tickets online here.
3. "Women in Country" - Feb. 12th-13th at 7:30pm and Feb. 14th at 2:30pm at the Bastrop Opera House, located at 711 Spring Street in downtown Bastrop. $15/person. Purchase tickets at the door or online here.
4. Life in the Civilian Conservation Corps Walking Tour - Feb. 13th, 10-11am at Buescher State Park. Explore the lives of the men enrolled in the Civilian Conservation Corps and how their hard work and dedication can still be seen today at Buescher State Park. Free after park entry fees.
5. Sherwood Forest Faire - Feb. 13th-14th, 10am until dusk at 1883 Old Hwy 20 in McDade. Enjoy a medieval-themed show with over 100 musical, comedic, and dramatic performances per day, including a full-contact heavy armor joust, falconry show, feasts, and wine tastings - all in period costume and character! Purchase tickets online here, or purchase discounted tickets at Walgreens.
6. Valentine's Bake Sale - Feb. 13th, 12-3pm at the Heart of the Pines Volunteer Fire Department, located at 109 Green Acres Loop in Bastrop (next to Kay's Café off Hwy 71). All proceeds benefit HOPVFD. Cash/check only.
7. Viejo's St. Valentines Dance - Feb. 13th, 7pm-1am at the Kleinert Building, located at 910 Main Street in Bastrop, next to Viejo's Tacos y Tequila. Valentine's dinner by Viejo's, full bar, music, and dancing!
8. Death by Chocolate Masquerade Ball - Feb. 13th, 7pm-midnight at Scream Hollow Wicked Halloween Park, located at 149 Split Rail Lane in Smithville. $69/couple or $35/single includes admission to all 3 haunts, masquerade masks, dancing, and chocolate! Also, on Feb. 14th, they're having a "The Walking Dead" Mid-Season Premiere Viewing Party & Cosplay Contest!!! More details here.
9. Rockne Historical Association Fundraiser - Feb. 14th, 10am-7pm at the Sacred Heart Parish Hall, located in Rockne. Museum opens at 10am, silent auction at 11am, spaghetti lunch begins at 12pm, live auction at 1pm, and door prizes throughout the day.
10. Yoga! In the Park! - Feb. 14th, 2-3pm in Fisherman's Park, located at 1200 Willow Street in Bastrop (along the Riverwalk in the grass below Neighbor's Kitchen and Yard). Suggested donation of $10-$20.
If you would like to sponsor the Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Or click here for more information about advertising with 365 Bastrop.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 6:04 PM