February 19, 2016
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Feb 19-21, 2016)
1. "The Vagina Monologues" - Feb. 19th, 7pm at the Bastrop Opera House, located at 711 Spring Street in Bastrop. Proceeds benefit the Family Crisis Center. Call (512) 321-7760 for tickets and information.
2. "Sealed for Freshness" - Feb. 19th-20th at 7:30pm and Feb. 21st at 2:30pm at Playhouse Smithville, located at 110 Main Street in Smithville. Set in the '60s on a hilarious journey of self-discovery, this is the story of five Midwestern women who believe in being good wives, good mothers, and good neighbors. These hermetically sealed, airtight lives unravel during a sidesplitting Tupperware party gone awry. $12/person, purchase tickets online here.
3. Run for the Bluebonnets - Feb. 20th, beginning at 8:30am at Fisherman's Park, located at 1200 Willow Street in Bastrop. 5K and Kid's 1K with an after-party at Old Town Restaurant and Bar. Register online here. Proceeds benefit Bluebonnet Elementary PTA.
4. Outdoor Adventure Day - Feb. 20th, 9am-2pm at McKinney Roughs Nature Park. Rock climbing wall, zip line, rafting down the Colorado River, and more. $50/person, ages 7 and up. Pre-registration is required.
5. Life in the Civilian Conservation Corps Walking Tour - Feb. 20th, 10-11am at Buescher State Park. Explore the lives of the men enrolled in the Civilian Conservation Corps and how their hard work and dedication can still be seen today at Buescher State Park. Free after park entry fees.
6. Sherwood Forest Faire - Feb. 20th-21st, 10am until dusk at 1883 Old Hwy 20 in McDade. Enjoy a medieval-themed show with over 100 musical, comedic, and dramatic performances per day, including a full-contact heavy armor joust, falconry show, feasts, and wine tastings - all in period costume and character! Purchase tickets online here, or purchase discounted tickets at Walgreens.
7. Kid's Pizza Decorating Class - Feb. 20th, 2-4pm at Johnson's Bakery, located at 715 Old Austin Hwy, Ste. 300 in Bastrop. $15/child, includes prepping/cooking one mini pizza and decorating a "pizza" sugar cookie. Call (512) 412-6221 to RSVP.
8. Painting with a Twang - Feb. 20th, beginning at 7pm at Huebels, located at 207 NW 2nd Street in Smithville. It's a ladies night out painting party! $25/person includes all paint supplies, instruction from the artist, door prizes, and one free adult beverage. There will also be vendors selling jewelry, make-up, and more.
9. Yoga! In the Park! - Feb. 21st, 2-3pm in Fisherman's Park, located at 1200 Willow Street in Bastrop (along the Riverwalk in the grass below Neighbor's Kitchen and Yard). Suggested donation of $10-$20.
10. "A Man Called Jon" Red Carpet Meet & Greet - Feb. 21st, 5:30-8:30pm at Schulman Theatres Lost Pines 8, located at 1600 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. Red carpet and meet & greet at 5:30pm, movie screening at 6:30pm.
If you would like to sponsor the Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Or click here for more information about advertising with 365 Bastrop.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 12:15 PM