February 26, 2016
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Feb 26-28, 2016)
1. "Sealed for Freshness" - Feb. 26th-27th at 7:30pm and Feb. 28th at 2:30pm at Playhouse Smithville, located at 110 Main Street in Smithville. Five women, one Tupperware party, what could go wrong? Everything! $12/person at the door; $11/person online here.
2. How Parks Saved the Country - Feb. 26th, 7:30-8:30pm at Bastrop State Park. Enjoy a sit down chat with lots of pictures to explore how the Civilian Conservation Corps changed the lives of millions during the Great Depression. Admission is free after park entry fees.
3. City-Wide Garage Sale - Feb. 27th, 9am-5pm & Feb. 28th, 11am-4pm at the Bastrop Convention & Exhibition Center, located at 1408 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. Admission is $5/adult, and kids 12 & under are free.
4. Bastrop County Skywarn Severe Weather Workshop - Feb. 27th, 9am-12pm at Bastrop City Hall, located at 1311 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. Workshop includes the Basic and Advanced Skywarn training conducted by the National Weather Service out of Austin/San Antonio. Admission is free!
5. Sherwood Forest Faire - Feb. 27th-28th, 10am until dusk at 1883 Old Hwy 20 in McDade. Enjoy a medieval-themed show with over 100 musical, comedic, and dramatic performances per day, including a full-contact heavy armor joust, falconry show, feasts, and wine tastings - all in period costume and character! Purchase tickets online here, or purchase discounted tickets at Walgreens.
6. Empty Bowl Project - Feb. 27th, 11am-1:30pm in the Bastrop High School Cafeteria, located at 1614 Chambers Street. Proceeds benefit the Bastrop County Emergency Food Pantry & Support Center, Inc.
7. Bastrop Retreet VI - Feb. 27th-28th in various parts of Bastrop. Begins at 11am on Feb. 27th with bicycling in Bastrop & Buescher State Parks. RETREET returns to Bastrop to continue their efforts replanting in the wake of wildfires. Registration is limited to 30.
8. "New Poppies" by the Painted Palace - Feb. 27th, 2pm at the Front Room Wine Bar, located at 116 Main Street in Smithville. Tickets are $30/person and include a complimentary glass of champagne and painting fun.
9. 7th Annual Barn Concert - Feb. 27th, 6pm at the Carter Barn, located at 1005 Red Town Road in Elgin. $40/person includes BBQ dinner, live and silent auctions, and live music by the Cornell Hurd Band. Benefits the Friends of Elgin Parks.
10. Yoga! In the Park! - Feb. 28th, 2-3pm in Fisherman's Park, located at 1200 Willow Street in Bastrop (along the Riverwalk in the grass below Neighbor's Kitchen and Yard). Suggested donation of $10-$20.
If you would like to sponsor the Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Or click here for more information about advertising with 365 Bastrop.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 3:56 PM