Many downtown businesses, restaurants, and shops will stay open late, and there will be refreshments, live music and entertainment, and beautiful local artwork throughout historically hip downtown Bastrop.
It's basically the art equivalent of a pub crawl. Think Paris, in jeans and boots.
March 4th Line-Up:
- Abri Gallery, 932 Main Street
- Art Connections Gallery, 908 Main Street; Artist: Laura Sturtz, metal sculpture and jewelry. Plus, pecan tarts from Berdoll Pecan Candy & Gift Co. and brisket shooters.
- Bastrop Fine Arts Guild, 815 Main Street; Artist: Jason Ferrell, photography
- Colorado River Winery, 705 Pine Street
- Cripple Creek Wine and Gifts, 928 Main Street; Majek Winery wine tastng, BBQ sliders, and La Verdad cigars! More info here.
- Donna's by Design, 926 Main Street
- High Cotton, 922 Main Street; complimentary "Cowboy Chili" and "South of the Border Sangria" along with 10% off framed Texas art work. More info here.
- Main Street Café, 1006 Main Street; enjoy their full menu as well as ramen in miso dashi topped with mushrooms, pork tenderloin, soft boiled egg, and green onions. Plus, their bakery case will be stocked with delicious pies and Texas Independence Day and St. Patrick's Day themed cookies.
- Lost Pines Art Bazaar, 603 Chestnut Street; celebrate Texas with a taste of Persia - enjoy tasty bites with homemade samples from several of their Persian cookbooks while exploring artwork from artists throughout Texas.
- R.A. Green Mercantile, 1022 Main Street; Artist: Petra Harrison, photography
- Relics Jewelry & Gifts, 925 Main Street; Artists: Hannah & Nemo, Interactive Aluminum Can Eco-Folk Art
|Interactive Aluminum Can Eco-Folk Art by Hannah & Nemo. See more of their work at Relics Jewelry & Gifts during the March First Friday Art Walk.|
|Persian cookbook found at Lost Pines Art Bazaar. They will be sampling Persian delights during the First Friday Art Walk in March.|
|Photo by Petra Harrison with Wildfire's Reflections. You can see more of Petra's work at the R.A. Green Mercantile during the March First Friday Art Walk.|
Need childcare? The First United Methodist Church of Bastrop has you covered! They're offering childcare for ages 0-7 from 6-10pm on Friday, Mar. 4th in the church basement. The church is located at 1201 Main Street. The cost is $15 for the first child, $5 for the second child, and FREE for each additional sibling. Dinner is provided. Reservations are required; no walk-ins. RSVP at (512) 321-2201.