1. St. Patrick's Weekend Celebration - Mar. 17th-19th at Back 9 Bar, located at 834 Hwy 71 W in Bastrop. Enjoy a crawfish boil, co-ed washers tournament, live goat team roping, live music with Logan Tucker, the Jeff Haney Band, Barney Sledge and the Sledgehammers, the James Soto Band, and more!
2. Fishing in Elgin - Mar. 18th, 3pm at Morris Memorial Park in Elgin. For all ages and experience levels. Bring your own fishing gear. Admission is FREE!
3. Kids Day - Mar. 19th, 9:30am-12:30pm at Living Room Books & Gifts, located at 301 Hwy 71 W, Ste. 300 in Bastrop. Enjoy games & prizes, crafts, snacks, story time, and more! Admission is FREE!
4. Easter Egg Hunt Extravaganza - Mar. 19th, 10-11am at Bob Bryant Park in Bastrop. Enjoy fun games & activities from 10:00-10:45am and an Easter Egg Hunt at 10:45am with three different age groups. Hosted by the Bastrop YMCA. Admission is FREE!
5. Discover the Lost Pines Guided Hike - Mar. 19th, 10-11am at Bastrop State Park. Join a Master Naturalist for a 1-mile guided hike. Admission is free after park entry fees. There is also a Discover the Lost Pines Guided Hike at Buescher State Park on Mar. 19th from 10-11am. More info here.
6. Spring Plant Extravaganza - Mar. 19th, 10am-2pm at Bastrop 1832 Farmer's Market, located at 1302 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. Vendors will be offering many varieties of vegetable plants (tomato, pepper, and squash), bedding plants, herb plants, trees, shrubs, and ornamentals for sale. Admission is FREE!
7. Sherwood Forest Faire - Mar. 12th-13th, 10am until dusk at 1883 Old Hwy 20 in McDade. Enjoy a medieval-themed show with over 100 musical, comedic, and dramatic performances per day, including a full-contact heavy armor joust, falconry show, feasts, and wine tastings - all in period costume and character! Purchase tickets online here, or purchase discounted tickets at Walgreens.
8. Cookie Decorating with the Easter Bunny - Mar. 19th, 1:00-2:30pm at the Sugar Shack, located at 114 Loop 150 W in Bastrop. $7/child includes decorating (and eating!) 2 cookies and posing for pictures with the Easter Bunny. Please bring your own camera. Call (512) 321-3777 or stop by the Sugar Shack to purchase your tickets.
9. Bastrop Downtown Sculpture Stroll - Mar. 19th, 3-5pm at the Bastrop Convention Center, located at 1408 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. Bastrop Art in Public Places (BAIPP) will host a reception and awards ceremony for the winners of the Bastrop Downtown 2016 Sculpture Project. The public is invited to come out and meet the artists, view the winning sculptures, and enjoy free refreshments. Admission is FREE!
10. Moonlight Spider Hunt - Mar. 19th, 8-9pm at Bastrop State Park. Take a moonlit walk with a Park Ranger along the trails of the old golf course to find and examine spiders in their natural habitat. Bring your own flashlight. Admission is free after park entry fees.
Plus, check out our very first episode of "My Bastrop" featuring fun things to do over Spring Break and guest interviews with Terry Moore, Executive Director of the Bastrop YMCA, Martha Granger with The Pool at ColoVista, David Sanchez, owner of Back 9 Bar, and Gwen Adams, owner of Back Porch Ceramics.
If you would like to sponsor the Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Or click here for more information about advertising with 365 Bastrop.