April 15, 2016
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Apr 15-17, 2016)
1. Friday Nite Live - Apr. 15th, 7:00-10:30pm at Mina Elementary School, located at 1203 Hill Street in Bastrop. Friday Nite Live is a kid's night out with music, a bounce house, and fun games & activities. Admission is $12/person for ALL kids in Kindergarten through 6th grade, not just BISD. It's fun, safe, and supervised! No RSVP required.
2. "Robin Hood" - Apr. 15th & 16th at 7:30pm at Playhouse Smithville, located at 110 Main Street in Smithville. Young Robin Hood takes on the evil Prince John and the Sheriff of Nottingham to save King Richard. Singing, dancing, sword play, archery, and more! Tickets are $10/person and can be purchased at the door or online here.
3. Stargazing at the Roughs - Apr. 15th, 9:00-10:30pm at McKinney Roughs Nature Park. Explore the galaxy through Dobsonian telescopes with an astronomer. FREE!
4. Elgin Fire Department BBQ Cook-Off - Apr. 16th, 7:00am-10:30pm at Elgin Memorial Park, located at 1127 N. Main Street in Elgin. *Speaking of cook-offs, there is also a Cook-Off on Apr. 16th from 7am-midnight at Huebels, located at 207 NW 2nd Street in Smithville AND another Cook-Off on Apr. 16th at Peggy's Bar, located at 114 Stony Brook Drive in Cedar Creek.
5. Don't Mess with Texas Trash-Off - Apr. 16th, 8am-12pm at Bastrop State Park. Sponsored by Keep Bastrop County Beautiful and Texas Parks & Wildlife. Registration through Volunteer Spot is required; click here for more info.
6. Smithville Empty Bowl Project - Apr. 16th, 11am-2pm at the Mary Nichols Art Center, located at 301 Burleson in Smithville. Taste local soups in handcrafted souvenir bowls, bid in the silent auction, and enjoy live music by Don Jellison and the Central School Band. $20/person.
7. High Ropes Challenge - Apr. 16th, 12-2pm at McKinney Roughs Nature Park. High ropes elements such as the Catwalk, Rock Climbing Wall, Multi Vine, and Zip Line. No experience necessary; ages 7 and up. $35/person; pre-registration required.
8. Discover the Lost Pines Guided Hike - Apr. 16th, 10-11am at Bastrop State Park. Join a Master Naturalist for a 1-mile guided hike. Admission is free after park entry fees. *There is also a Discover the Lost Pines Guided Hike at Buescher State Park on Apr. 16th from 10-11am and Powerful Pollinators at Bastrop State Park on Apr. 16th from 3-4pm.
9. In The Streets-Hands Up High Ministry Dinner & Silent Auction - Apr. 16th, 5-10pm at Heritage Hall, located at 1020 Main Street in Bastrop. $15/person. Benefits the Open Door Soup Kitchen.
10. Salsa Dance Night - 8pm-1am at La Hacienda, located at 1800 Walnut Street in Bastrop. Lessons are from 8:00-9:30pm and dancing is from 9:30pm-1:00am. $5/person cover, includes lessons.
If you would like to sponsor the Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Or click here for more information about advertising with 365 Bastrop.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 12:44 PM