April 22, 2016
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Apr 22-24, 2016)
1. Spring Invitational for Clay Artists - Apr. 22nd-24th at the Bastrop Opera House; Friday 5-9pm, Saturday 10am-8pm, Sunday 11am-5pm. Friday night there will be door prizes and a salsa making demonstration by Viejo's, served on plates made by local clay artists. On Saturday, there will be clay demonstrations and live music by the Rigbys. On Sunday, they will be giving away locally made mugs, and Main Street Café will be serving coffee and dessert samples as well as hosting a bake sale.
2. Friday Nite Live - Apr. 15th, 7:00-10:30pm at Mina Elementary School, located at 1203 Hill Street in Bastrop. Friday Nite Live is a kid's night out with music, a bounce house, and fun games & activities. Admission is $12/person for ALL kids in Kindergarten through 6th grade, not just BISD. It's fun, safe, and supervised! No RSVP required.
3. "Robin Hood" - Apr. 22nd & 23rd at 7:30pm at Playhouse Smithville, located at 110 Main Street in Smithville. Young Robin Hood takes on the evil Prince John and the Sheriff of Nottingham to save King Richard. Singing, dancing, sword play, archery, and more! Tickets are $10/person and can be purchased at the door or online here.
4. How to Make a Campfire & Campfire Stories - Apr. 22nd, 7:30-9:00pm in Bastrop State Park at the old golf course pro shop. Learn how to build a campfire! Then stick around to hear a Park Ranger tell stories by the campfire. Bring your own camping chairs. Admission is free after park entry fees. *More events at Bastrop & Buescher State Parks this weekend include: Tot's First Tromp, Discover the Lost Pines Guided Hike (Bastrop SP), Discover the Lost Pines Guided Hike (Buescher SP), and Picnic in the Park - Earth Day!
5. Bun Run for the Cure 5K/10K - Apr. 23rd, 10am in Smithville; both races start and finish at Pocket's Grille. It's not too late to register - you can even register the morning of the race! But even if you aren't racing, you can enjoy the after party at Pocket's with face painting, a bouncy house, DJ Aztex, silent & live auctions, a photo booth, and educational resources from Komen Austin.
6. Red Nose Day - Apr. 23rd, 10am-3pm at Walgreens, located at the entrance to Tahitian Village. The goal of Red Nose Day is to help raise awareness of children living in poverty. Enjoy musical chairs, a scavenger hunt, a bake sale, and more!
7. BOLD Women of Distinction Women's Conference - Apr. 23rd, 10am-5pm at BOLD (Breath of Life Deliverance) Church, located at 769 Hwy 95 N in Bastrop. $20/person.
8. "The Huntsman: Winters War" Event - Apr. 23rd, 1-4pm at Schulman Theatres Lost Pines 8. There will be an archery game, prize drawing, photo ops, and giveaways.
9. Salsa Dance Night - Apr. 23rd, 8pm-1am at La Hacienda, located at 1800 Walnut Street in Bastrop. Lessons are from 8:00-9:30pm and dancing is from 9:30pm-1:00am. $5/person cover, includes lessons.
10. Pool at ColoVista Open House - Apr. 24th, 3:00-5:30pm at the Pool at ColoVista, located at 100 Country Club Drive in Bastrop. Learn about the summer (May 1st-August 30th) pool memberships and enjoy free refreshments.
If you would like to sponsor the Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend, please email email@example.com for more information. Or click here for more information about advertising with 365 Bastrop.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 4:40 PM