May 19, 2016
Top 10+2 Things to Do This Weekend (May 20-22, 2016)
1. Relay for Life - May 20th, 7pm-1am at the Show Barn in Mayfest Park, located at 25 American Legion Drive, off Loop 150 in Bastrop. If cancer has touched your life, participating in the Relay For Life (of Southern Bastrop County) event is an opportunity to honor cancer survivors, remember those you have lost, and raise funds and awareness to fight back and help end cancer forever.
2. "Nunsense" - May 20th & 21st, 7:30pm and May 22nd, 2:30pm at Bastrop Opera House, located at 711 Spring Street in Bastrop. "Nunsense" is a comedic musical that follows the crazy antics of five nuns after most of the sisters are poisoned and die. The sisters find themselves strapped for cash, and they still have four dead nuns to bury, whose bodies are being stored in the kitchen freezer! The nuns decide to put on a musical benefit performance in order to raise the rest of the money before the health department discovers their secret. Tickets are $8-$15/person and can be purchased online here.
3. "Sirens N Aquarius" - May 20th & 21st, 7:30pm at Playhouse Smithville, located at 110 Main Street in Smithville. "Sirens N Aquarius" is a rock and roll celebration that takes you down the path of the songs of the '60s with poetry, scenes, and peaceful thoughts of a woman on the moon. Tickets are $15 each and can be purchased online here.
4. Brunch Upon a Time - May 21st, 9:30-11:00am at Bastrop High School. Enjoy breakfast and pose for pictures with characters from your favorite Disney movies and TV shows! $25/person; children under 12 months are free. All paid attendants will receive breakfast. Children will receive an autograph book to collect the signatures from their favorite characters. Proceeds benefit the Children's Advocacy Center.
5. Kid's Decorating Class - May 21st, 10am at Johnson's Bakery, located at 715 Old Austin Hwy, Ste. 300 in Bastrop. Pigs and bacon & egg cupcakes! $15/child. Call (512) 412-6221 to RSVP.
6. Discover the Lost Pines Guided Hike - May 21st, 10-11am in Bastrop State Park. Join a Master Naturalist on a 1-mile guided hike. Free after park entry fees. *More events at Bastrop State Park: What's Your Sign? Tour, May 21st, 3-4pm and Wildflower & Pollinator Hike, May 22nd, 10am-12pm. **More events at Buescher State Park: Discover the Lost Pines Guided Hike, May 21st, 10-11am and Once in a Blue Moon - Lunar Viewing, May 21st, 8-10pm.
7. Paws on the Patio - May 21st, 10am-2pm at Pocket's Grille, located at 205 Fawcett Street in Smithville. Vaccinations & microchips, pet adoptions, dog kissing booth, silent auction, vendors, and more! Proceeds benefit Bastrop Animal Rescue, Bastrop CATS, Friends of the Bastrop County Animal Shelter, and the Hardy-Hayes Refuge.
8. Summit Smithville Green Expo - May 21st, 10am-3pm on Main Street in downtown Smithville. The theme is "Talking Trash," and there will be speakers, vendors, exhibitions, demonstrations, a Bicycle Maintenance & Repair Workshop, Community Spring Cleanup, and more!
9. Lost Pines Wine Fest - May 21st, 12-6pm at the Mansion at ColoVista, located at 100 Country Club Drive in Bastrop. $25/person includes 6 wine tastings. *Also, you can enter the Bobby "Bevo" & Carole Bryant Memorial Golf Tournament on May 21st (tee time at 8am) at the ColoVista Golf Club. Entry fee for the tournament is $125/player and includes the tournament, hole in one prizes, raffle, and ball drop. Proceeds benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Bastrop County.
10. Brandywine Social Painting Event - May 21st, 6pm at Bone Spirits Tasting Room, located at 802 NE 1st Street in Smithville. Tickets are $35/person and include a 16x20 canvas, all art supplies, instruction, and one drink. Seating is limited. Tickets can be purchased online here.
11. Pancake Brunch - May 22nd, 11am-2pm at Baxters on Main, located at 919 Main Street in Bastrop. Pancakes or biscuits & gravy; regular plate $6/person, large plate $8/person. Proceeds benefit The Honor Choir, who will perform at 11:30am and 1:00pm.
12. Sacred Heart Catholic Church Spring Festival - May 22nd, 11am-5pm at Sacred Heart Church, located at 4045 FM 535 in Rockne. Games & concessions, Bingo, horseshoes & washers tournaments, and more! Fried chicken, sausage, sides, tea & coffee, and cake; $11/adult plate, $5/child (under 10) plate.
If you would like to sponsor the Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend, please email email@example.com for more information. Or click here for more information about advertising with 365 Bastrop.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 8:15 AM