September 14, 2016
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Sept 16-18, 2016)
This week's Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend is sponsored by Donna's by Design, a hip and eclectic store located at 926 Main Street in downtown Bastrop, specializing in handcrafted gifts & accessories. Donna's by Design features art by regional artisans including fiber art, woodworking, dolls, jewelry, create-a-cards, ceramics, coloring pages, tile coasters, glass magnets, weavings, quilts, embroidery & crochet, beads, silk dyed scarves, fabric handbags, soaps, candles, and so much more!
1. Lost Pines Art Conference - Sept. 16th, 8:00am-6:30pm & Sept. 17th, 8:00am-8:30pm throughout downtown Bastrop. $70/person includes Art Demos, Opening Reception & Night Bronze Pour, Artist Panel Discussion, and Closing Reception & Glass Sculpting Demo. Additional classes available, including kid's art blast classes. Register online here.
2. Tee Off Against Child Abuse - Sept. 16th, 8:30am-6:00pm at Pine Forest Golf Club, located at 636 Riverside Drive in Bastrop. 4-man scramble benefiting the Children's Advocacy Center. Hole in One contest, 52 card raffle, and more!
3. Movies on the Riverwalk: "Rudy" - Sept. 16th, 5:30-9:00pm at Fisherman's Park in Bastrop. Activities, begin at 5:30pm. Movie begins at dusk. Wear your favorite team's jersey or t-shirt. Free popcorn! Concessions available. Admission is FREE!
4. "Harvey" - Sept. 16th, 7:30pm & Sept. 17th, 7:30pm at Playhouse Smithville, located at 110 Main Street in Smithville. Elwood P. Dowd insists on including his friend Harvey in all of his sister Veta's social gatherings. Trouble is, Harvey is an imaginary six-and-a-half-foot-tall rabbit! See what hilarity ensues in this classic tale. $10.50/person. Purchase tickets online here.
5. Future HoneyBear Cub Clinic - Sept. 17th, 9:00am-2:30pm at Bastrop High School. Ages 3-18. Must be potty trained. $35/person includes t-shirt, pizza, dance instruction, arts & crafts, games, and performance with the HoneyBears at the BHS football game on Sept. 23rd. Walk-ins welcome! Late registration is $45/person.
6. Art in the Park: Colors of the Wind Watercolor - Sept. 17th, 3-4pm at Buescher State Park. Learn to paint with all the colors of the wind. Watercolors, paper, and brushes provided. Free after park entry fees. *Eents in Bastrop State Park include: Lost Pines Trail Crew on Sept. 17th, 8:30am-12:00pm and Out of the Ashes Guided Hike on Sept. 17th, 9:00-10:30am.
7. Feed the Need - Sept. 17th, 6-10pm at the Bastrop Convention & Exhibition Center, located at 1408 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. Steak dinner & dance fundraiser benefiting Mission U-Too. Live music by the James Soto Band. $50/person or $300/table of 8. Purchase tickets online here.
8. An Evening in Technicolor: "Million Dollar Mermaid" - Sept. 17th, 6:30pm at the Bastrop Opera House, located at 711 Spring Street in Bastrop. Chef prepared hors d'oeuvres. Come dressed as your favorite '50s star and receive a free drink! $25/person.
9. ¡Viva Mexico! - Sept. 17th, 7-10pm at the Jerry Fay Wilhelm Center for the Performing Arts, located at 1401 Cedar Street in Bastrop. Hosted by Ballet Folklórico Orgullo Mexicano of Cedar Creek HS in celebration of Diez y Seis. Features 7 Folklórico groups! $5/person. Purchase tickets online here.
10. 42 Domino Tournament - Sept. 18th, 12pm at Red Rock Steakhouse and Saloon, located at 101 S. Lentz Street in Red Rock. $5/person. Bring your own partner. 100% payback. Double elimination. Prizes awarded to 1st & 2nd place.
If you would like to sponsor the Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend or the Live Music Lowdown, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Or click here for general information about advertising with 365 Bastrop.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 11:05 AM