April 13, 2017
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Apr 14-16, 2017)
1. Easter Egg Hunt - April 14th, 10-11am at Bob Bryant Park, located at 600 Charles Boulevard in Bastrop. Hosted by the Bastrop YMCA in partnership with the City of Bastrop. From 10:00-10:45am there will be activities and crafts, and the Easter Egg Hunt will take place from 10:45-11:00am. Plus, the Easter Bunny will be available for pictures. Admission is FREE!
2. Southern Gospel Concert - April 14th, 7:30-9:00pm at the Bastrop Opera House, located at 711 Spring Street in Bastrop. Come hear the wonderful sounds of Southern Gospel music directed by Brad Nix and assisted by Dock Jackson. Concessions available. Admission is FREE!
3. Breakfast with the Easter Bunny - April 15th, 9-11am at Schulman Theatres Lost Pines 8, located at 1600 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. All-You-Can-Eat Breakfast Buffet with the Easter Bunny! Included with your breakfast ticket is a 1000-egg Easter Egg Hunt, pictures with the Easter Bunny, and a fun coloring contest! Adults are $10 each, and kids ages 3-11 are $7 each. Egg Hunt begins at 9am. Breakfast buffet is 9:30-11:00am.
4. Easter Egg Hunt - April 15th, 10:00-11:30am at Thomas Memorial Park, located at 411 Madison Street in Elgin. Hosted by the Elgin Sub-District. Egg Hunt times: ages 2-5 at 10:15am, ages 14-16 at 10:30am, ages 6-9 at 10:45am, ages 10-13 at 11:00am, ages 17-24 at 11:15am, and ages 25+ at 11:30am. In case of inclement weather, the event will be held at Booker T. Washington Elementary School. FREE hot dogs! Admission is FREE!
5. Creatures of the Night Guided Hike - April 15th, 10:00-11:30am at Bastrop State Park. Join a Master Naturalist on this moderate 1-mile hike to discover who the hunters are in the Lost Pines! Free after park entry fees. For more Bastrop State Park events, click here, and for more Buescher State Park events, click here.
6. Easter Egg Hunt - April 15th, 11am-2pm at Vineyard of Christ Lutheran Church, located at 1703 FM 535 in Smithville/Rosanky. Over 1000 eggs! FREE hamburgers and hot dogs after the egg hunt! Admission is FREE!
7. Smithville Empty Bowl - April 15th, 11am-2pm at the Mary Nichols Art Center, located at 301 Burleson in Smithville. Choose an artist or student made bowl, eat a simple meal of soup, bread, and dessert, enjoy interesting speakers and musicians, and more! Minimum donation of $20/bowl.
8. Cookie Decorating with the Easter Bunny - April 15th, 1:00-2:30pm at the Sugar Shack, located at 114 Loop 150 W in Bastrop. Enjoy cookie decorating and photos with the Easter Bunny himself. Tickets are $7.00/person. Purchase tickets online here or call (512) 321-3777. Bring your own camera!
9. Mixed Media Play Art Class - April 15th, 4-6pm at the Lost Pines Art Center, located at 1204 Chestnut Street in Bastrop. Let your inner child loose in this fun class. You'll play with water based media and build a Spring themed piece of art with paint and collage. You'll learn about layering multiple media and how to use color to make your paintings pop. The class is $25 and includes all supplies. Fun for ages 13 and above.
10. Community Sunrise Service - April 16th, 7am at the Bastrop State Park Refectory Building, located at 100 Park Road C in Bastrop. Hosted by the Bastrop Christian Ministerial Alliance. In case of rain, the service will be held at Calvary Baptist Church, located at Loop 150 in Bastrop.
**For even MORE EVENTS in the Bastrop County area, visit our online calendar here.**
**For a list of ALL the EASTER activities going on in Bastrop County, including Egg Hunts and pictures with the Easter Bunny, click here.**
If you would like to be a featured event in the Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend or Live Music Lowdown or would like to be the business of the month, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Or click here for more details about advertising with 365 Bastrop.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 2:11 PM