April 21, 2017
Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend (Apr 21-23, 2017)
1. Smithville Jamboree - Apr. 19th-23rd at Riverbend Park in Smithville. Live music, carnival, parade, pet show, tournaments, live stock show & sale, beard contest, and more! Some events require paid admission and others are FREE!
2. BCHS Garage Sale & Sneak Peek - Apr. 21st, 6-8pm (sneak peek) and Apr. 22nd, 7am-3pm at the First Baptist Church of Bastrop's extension building, located at 915 Hwy 71 in Bastrop. This is a community-wide garage & estate sale benefitting the Bastrop County Historical Society. Admission to the Sneak Peek on Friday night is $10/person; admission on Saturday is FREE!
3. "Pied Piper of Hamelin" **FEATURED EVENT** - Apr. 21st & 22nd, 7:30pm and Apr. 23rd, 2:30pm at the Bastrop Opera House, located at 711 Spring Street in Bastrop. Enjoy an energetic performance by the Bastrop Youth Performing Arts Academy. Fun for all ages! $10/person; purchase tickets online here.
4. Star Party - Apr. 21st, 8-9pm at Buescher State Park. Check out the stars at the grassy dam at Lake Buescher and possibly glimpse at the Lyrid Meteor Shower! Free after park entry fees - $5/person age 13 and up; children 12 and under are free. For more Bastrop State Park events, click here, and for more Buescher State Park events, click here.
5. Go Fish! Learn to Fish Event - Apr. 22nd, 9am-12pm at Buescher State Park. Youth and adults can learn the basics of fishing through fun, hands-on activities. Take away a fishing fun pack and enter the drawing for door prizes. Equipment and bait provided or bring your own. No fishing license necessary. Free after park entry fees - $5/person age 13 and up; children 12 and under are free. For more Bastrop State Park events, click here, and for more Buescher State Park events, click here.
6. Sherwood Forest Faire - Apr. 22nd & 23rd, 10am-dusk at the Sherwood Forest Faire grounds, located at 1883 Old Hwy 20 in McDade. This is the last weekend of the season! Enjoy jousting, archery, birds of prey, juggling, knife throwing, live music, belly dancing, sword fights, magicians, chess matches, story telling, puppet shows, character parades, vendors, food, and more! Purchase tickets online here.
7. Pearls of Youth Art Show - Apr. 22nd, 11am-5pm and April 23rd, 1-4pm at the Fleming Center, located at 802 North Ave. C in Elgin. The Pearls of Youth Art Show is for student artists in the Elgin area to showcase their creativity and skills in a real art show. Artist reception on Sunday at 2pm. Admission is FREE!
8. Mead Bazaar - Apr. 22nd, 12-8pm at Blessed Bee Winery in the Lost Pines Art Center, located 1204 at Chestnut Street in Bastrop. Come sample, taste, and aquire some of the finest Meads in all the land! The Bazaar will be located on the patio. Admission is FREE!
9. The Lorax - Leave No Trace Guided Hike - Apr. 22nd, 3-4pm at Bastrop State Park. This Earth Day, bring your whole family to listen to a ranger read the Dr. Seuss classic "The Lorax." Then, go on a short 1-mile hike to learn about how you can help the Lorax through the principles of Leave No Trace camping! Free after park entry fees. For more Bastrop State Park events, click here, and for more Buescher State Park events, click here.
10. The Pool at ColoVista Membership Drive - Apr. 23rd, 1-4pm at The Pool at ColoVista, located at 100 Country Club Drive in Bastrop. Free hot dogs and refreshments will be served, and there will be staff on hand at the pool to help you sign up for either a season pass or a pool membership. Admission is FREE!
**For even MORE EVENTS in the Bastrop County area, visit our online calendar here.**
If you would like to be a featured event in the Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend or Live Music Lowdown or would like to be the business of the month, please email email@example.com for more information. Or click here for more details about advertising with 365 Bastrop.
Posted by 365 Bastrop at 1:56 PM